May 05, 2024, 06:45:05 AM

Author Topic: The Cursebomber Warlock  (Read 12189 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Cursebomber Warlock
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2014, 12:02:20 AM »
I plan to get around it by transfusing curses off of my creatures (I think of cursed-up bats flying over the wall as curse-bombs, hence the name of the deck).

I have a question in on the rules discussion section of the forums to confirm, but I believe that the Mage needs LOS to the final destination of the transfused enchantments. The wording from the Codex includes the phrases "a legal target creature" and "as if you were casting...." You may not be able to transfuse the enchantments using flyers over walls, if my understanding is correct.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2014, 10:12:06 AM »
I plan to get around it by transfusing curses off of my creatures (I think of cursed-up bats flying over the wall as curse-bombs, hence the name of the deck).

I have a question in on the rules discussion section of the forums to confirm, but I believe that the Mage needs LOS to the final destination of the transfused enchantments. The wording from the Codex includes the phrases "a legal target creature" and "as if you were casting...." You may not be able to transfuse the enchantments using flyers over walls, if my understanding is correct.

Well, based on the reply that I got on the ET spell, this looks like it is legal.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 03:54:03 AM »
Perhaps instead of going with a triple wall to cut off the opponent's side of the board you can force push/teleport them into a corner then cast just two walls.
This benefits would be:
-They can't move around so when you cast a creature you know that the creature will be able to attack next round.
-It's more mana efficient.
-Gives you a bit more versatility in your hand.
-Gives you less walls to worry about reconstructing.

Also a few things you should consider. First is a mass dispel, especially against a wizard.
The next is a mage wand with dispel on it. The opponent could use their economy advantage (because of your mana drop on the walls) to counter your every play then get ahead of you.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 08:16:54 AM »
As for the wands, ringkichard was right, I had forgotten the "can't have two of the same equipment" rule. 

You can have 2 of the same equipment, just not equipped at the same time. The second mage wand is good incase your first one gets blown up.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid