May 05, 2024, 11:09:13 PM

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Mage Wars!  (Read 1899 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Virtual Reality Mage Wars!
« on: July 06, 2013, 07:39:28 PM »
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could play Mage Wars in real time using virtual reality goggles? Maybe using a tablet with a touchscreen as your spellbook, swiping your finger to turn the pages and pressing a card to cast it, while running around? And players would literally be able to dodge some spells and attacks by jumping out of the way! Attack dice rolls would be rolled automatically to calculate damage. Certain special abilities and commands could be used using voice control, or you would be able to set it so that all spells could be cast using voice commands. Of course, it would probably need some rules adjustments, like having actual distance ranges for spells instead of using zones, or having the max spellbook points cut in half or more.

Wouldn't that just be the coolest thing ever!? I really hope this becomes a reality at some point in the future, preferably during my lifetime. That would be SO AWESOME! ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.