May 04, 2024, 04:07:08 PM

Author Topic: Possible new way for Tie Breakers  (Read 19772 times)

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
Re: Possible new way for Tie Breakers
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2014, 10:02:17 AM »
However, if games are frequently and consistently going to time then I really think they should extend the time limit. Or put time limits on the planning phase.

That is actually something I will try to do for my next few matches is to try and set a time limit for planning. I find that a good chunk of time I spend during a whole match is the planning phase. The first 4-5 rounds is pretty quick but once you get into the meat of the game and you really have to start considering different avenues for success, planning can take a bit of time. I believe someone somewhere in this post mentioned there is a time limit in tournaments for planning as well?

I will start there and see how much time I can shave off games. I don't like having to rush strategy but it won't do me or anyone else any good to sit here and complain and not attempt to offer any sort of solution or at least try other solutions people have suggested  :D

I really appreciate everyone's input on this particular topic. Both sides present valid arguments and it has given me the opportunity to see what everyone thinks.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2014, 11:47:16 AM »
From my experience, the planning phase is what drags the game out the most.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 06:10:38 PM »
From my experience, the planning phase is what drags the game out the most.

Indeed. I think in tournaments, planning phase should be limited to 3 minutes. If the time is up, you go with what you already selected (if you got more than 2 cards out, opponents randomly select 2 cards among them).