May 18, 2024, 05:13:54 AM

Author Topic: Double Casting a Wand  (Read 17624 times)

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Double Casting a Wand
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 06:33:23 PM »
I know I can't have two mage wands attached at once, but if I have one attached and another one in my spellbook, can I cast the second wand to replace the first in the slot it occupies?

Basically I want to swap one wand for the other.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 07:02:12 PM »
If you cast an equipment spell for a location that is already full, the original equipment is returned to the owner’s spellbook. So yes, although, it would be less mana to just pay the spellbind cost.(I cant think of any other reason to do this but to change the spell....Unless we get a new enchantment card that makes an equipment start to do damage to its controller....like "curse equipment" or "molten equipment". ;)
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »
Quote from: "DarthDadaD20" post=8074
If you cast an equipment spell for a location that is already full, the original equipment is returned to the owner’s spellbook. So yes.

Thanks for the reply. That is my interpretation too. Sometimes I just want a second opinion to see if I understand things correctly.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
If you cast an equipment spell for a location that is already full, the original equipment is returned to the owner’s spellbook. So yes, although, it would be less mana to just pay the spellbind cost.(I cant think of any other reason to do this but to change the spell....Unless we get a new enchantment card that makes an equipment start to do damage to its controller....like "curse equipment" or "molten equipment". ;)

You could have a Battleforge cast the wand, and therefore not use an extra action to switch out the bound spell.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 01:45:18 PM »
Quote from: "Drealin" post=8402

You could have a Battleforge cast the wand, and therefore not use an extra action to switch out the bound spell.

That is my intention. With harmonize on the battleforge the mana cost to the mage would be the same as changing a bound spell normally without costing the Mage one of his actions.

Edited for clarity.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 11:05:03 PM »
my first  solo wizard equipment build worked this way.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 08:38:12 AM »
Quote from: "Drealin" post=8402

That is a good idea, I'm mad I didn't think of it!
Within Shad0w.

Taruslar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2013, 02:55:36 AM »
Sry, but only for me once again.

1. I can have 2 wands on my mage, because of shild or weapon-icon on card. But i can not have 2 wands with same names. So it is possible to have an elemental wand and a magewand, one on shild-slot and one on weapon-slot.

If i'm right with 1, then i can use only one of both binded spells per round or can i use both of them, the one binded spell from elemental wand with quickcast-action and the one binded spell from mage wand with my normal quick-action?

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2013, 03:29:52 AM »
1.Yes
2. If you can use your actions to cast from both wands then yes. (You couldnt use two full round spells)
Within Shad0w.