May 11, 2024, 01:29:00 AM

Author Topic: Rise Again Warlock and Upkeep!  (Read 2254 times)

ininalia

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Rise Again Warlock and Upkeep!
« on: December 10, 2013, 10:09:20 AM »
Hello,

because there are some different opinions at my local group I would like to ask some Questions.
I will try to ask Yes/Why-not Questions and show them in bold, because that's faster.

We know that the controller can choose in which order he wants to resolve things affecting his creatures.
In the Rulebook it states:
"You always choose the order in which events that affect your creatures and objects occur during this phase. In the rare case that a timing issue occurs, the player with the initiative decides the order."
MordokĀ“s Obelisk gives every non-Mage creature the Upkeep +1 trait.
I assume that means every creature affected resolves independent. Its a +1 Upkeep on every creature not pay 1 Mana for every creature you have.
(I can pay for one creature then choose another event and then pay for another creature, right?)

I control "Death Link" enchanted on an enemy's creature.
Is the effect of Death Link on his creature so that my enemy can choose the Order , on my Mage so I can choose or is it one of the rare cases that an timing issue occurs and the initiative decides? 
(Lets say he got a Burning/"Ghoul Rot"ed creature with 2 life left.)

I cannot choose to activate "Enchantment Transfusion" to rescue my "Death Link" while destroying a creature with it.
(More of an Question to have it in black and white. Because you cannot interrupt an evet to reveal an enchantment.)

The Warlocks ability "Curseweaving" can recycle used Curse Spells.
The Enchantment "Rise Again" has the Curse Trait.
If a creature is destroyed while having "Rise Again" attached, can is Reanimate the creature and still take "Rise Again" back into my Spellbook?

Thanks for reading this.
I hope you did not die because of my English.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Rise Again Warlock and Upkeep!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 11:29:58 AM »
I assume that means every creature affected resolves independent. Its a +1 Upkeep on every creature not pay 1 Mana for every creature you have.
(I can pay for one creature then choose another event and then pay for another creature, right?)
During the Upkeep phase when it is your turn you will have to pay Upkeep for each creature you have. You will process all upkeep effect on one creature and then move to your next creature and so on.

If a creature is destroyed while having "Rise Again" attached, can is Reanimate the creature and still take "Rise Again" back into my Spellbook?
You could Curseweave the spell back into you book, you can only Curseweave once per round....

Hope this helps!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »
Quote from: ininalia
MordokĀ“s Obelisk gives every non-Mage creature the Upkeep +1 trait.

You process each creature separately. So you could decide to pay the upkeep on creature A, then to let creatures B and C die, and finally to pay the upkeep on Creature D. Each is an independent decision.

I control "Death Link" enchanted on an enemy's creature.
Is the effect of Death Link on his creature so that my enemy can choose the Order , on my Mage so I can choose or is it one of the rare cases that an timing issue occurs and the initiative decides? 
(Lets say he got a Burning/"Ghoul Rot"ed creature with 2 life left.)

With Burns and Ghoul Rot and most any other condition, the creature's controller would decide the order in which to apply them. Death Link is the rare exception where the player with initiative would decide, however.

Example A: I have Regrowth and Ghoul Rot on my creature and it has 2 life left. I can choose to heal 2 points of damage with the regeneration from regrowth before I apply the 2 damage from Ghoul Rot, thereby keeping my creature alive.

Example B: My creature has Regrowth and an opponent's Death Link on it. The creature only has 2 life left. I want to use the Regrowth's regeneration first (thereby keeping the creature alive) but my opponent wants to use his Death Link first (thereby killing the creature). The player with initiative gets to decide.

I cannot choose to activate "Enchantment Transfusion" to rescue my "Death Link" while destroying a creature with it.
(More of an Question to have it in black and white. Because you cannot interrupt an evet to reveal an enchantment.)

If you are destroying the creature with the Death Link, then unfortunately you can not use Enchantment Transfusion to rescue it. If you were destroying the creature with an attack of some kind, then you could reveal Enchantment Transfusion after Step 3: Roll Dice to rescue the Death Link.

The Warlocks ability "Curseweaving" can recycle used Curse Spells.
The Enchantment "Rise Again" has the Curse Trait.

Yes, you can indeed use Rise Again to reanimate the creature AND use Curse Weaving to save the Rise Again spell.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 01:40:10 PM »
This story does check out. Thank you Zuberi and Sike for staying Vigilent.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage