May 04, 2024, 02:32:34 AM

Author Topic: Forged In Fire  (Read 381041 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Forged In Fire
« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
Am i right when turning the blight of all living to my eternal servant, that pierce +1 would add to his zone attack too?

Eternal Servant is limited to non-Legendary, non-Epic creatures, so you couldn't use it on him.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:27:05 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2014, 06:39:09 PM »
Disappointed to be honest. Just not a practical creature by any stretch of the imagination. Who has 8 spellpoints laying around in their Warlock/Necromancer books? I know I don't. Not to squeeze in a creature that I'm probably never going to summon. And I don't think his attacks are worth the mana cost AND the upkeep cost. Dark Mages have difficulty when it comes to healing/life gain as it is.

Also, where is the Flying trait for this guy? THEN I would consider him something close to useful.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 06:45:34 PM by MrSaucy »
"See you space cowboy..."

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2014, 07:22:37 PM »
Flying was breifly considered, but it got removed for two reasons. First, in Etheria dragons physically fly with their wings, they aren't held aloft by magic, so it never felt right that this guy, having only his bones left should be able to fly without his wings. Also, we found that flying was really too much on him.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2014, 08:01:26 PM »
Flying was breifly considered, but it got removed for two reasons. First, in Etheria dragons physically fly with their wings, they aren't held aloft by magic, so it never felt right that this guy, having only his bones left should be able to fly without his wings. Also, we found that flying was really too much on him.

Yeah but normally, dragons breath with their lungs, not by magic ;)

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 20, 2014, 09:32:48 AM »
I don't think Sardonyx does much breathing though.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 20, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »
Breathing is for wimps.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #261 on: May 20, 2014, 07:41:30 PM »
I don't think Sardonyx does much breathing though.

I know. Should have used "move" and "muscles" instead.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2014, 12:51:22 AM »

Yeah but normally, dragons breath with their lungs, not by magic ;)

I was the person that wanted the AoE rot. Kind a cross between a decay breath and the magic blast of decay. When pitch the idea I though of it more as a spell like ability. When Sar was still living it was often used as a breath weapon.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2014, 01:01:49 PM »
Will we get a new spoiler today? :)

I hope so. Monday is already a sad, boring day. I need spoiler to make it an happy, fun day.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2014, 01:25:27 PM »
Sorry guys. As today is a holiday, we dont have a spoiler, but we will tomorrow.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2014, 01:28:58 PM »
Sorry guys. As today is a holiday, we dont have a spoiler, but we will tomorrow.

What holiday?

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2014, 01:47:08 PM »

What holiday?

Memorial Day
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2014, 07:25:55 PM »
Memorial Day is an American holiday started after the American Civil War, and is held on the last Monday of every May. It is very similar to Veterans Day, which is held on November 11th. Both holidays celebrate the men and women who have served in the armed forces, but Memorial Day takes it a step further and venerates those who died while in service.

Considering the cost in lives that our Civil War had, it is no wonder such a day of remembrance was implemented. If all of our casualties of wars were added up, from every war we've ever fought, over 50% of them would be from the Civil War alone. While I think it is very important for us to remember those who have died to keep this country safe and free, I think it is equally important to remember that we have killed more of our own than any foreign power has. United we stand.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2014, 07:32:04 PM »
Memorial Day is an American holiday started after the American Civil War, and is held on the last Monday of every May. It is very similar to Veterans Day, which is held on November 11th. Both holidays celebrate the men and women who have served in the armed forces, but Memorial Day takes it a step further and venerates those who died while in service.

Considering the cost in lives that our Civil War had, it is no wonder such a day of remembrance was implemented. If all of our casualties of wars were added up, from every war we've ever fought, over 50% of them would be from the Civil War alone. While I think it is very important for us to remember those who have died to keep this country safe and free, I think it is equally important to remember that we have killed more of our own than any foreign power has. United we stand.

Someone give this man a banana sticker

and another beer
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 07:54:46 PM by Kharhaz »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2014, 09:11:10 PM »

Someone give this man a banana sticker

and another beer

Sorry I can not endorse the adult livations but make sure it is cold. :P 

The sticker is on the way
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage