May 15, 2024, 01:49:09 PM

Author Topic: FIF: Arcane Corruption Preview  (Read 9752 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: FIF: Arcane Corruption Preview
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 05:18:12 PM »
It's all relative.  ;D

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:13 PM »
Transfusion is actually a strong counter to Corruption.  Once you get hit by it, Just move all the buffs from the Corrupted creature to something else, chances are it'll be cheaper than trying to Dispel it and the opponent would have to reach pretty deep for the mana to cast a second one.
But they could use a transfer enchantment or their own transfusion to have the curse follow the stack and they spend a lot less mana. This card will kill books that rely on enchantment stacking and that's a good thing.

I think of all the mages who rely heavily on enchantments, Wizard will be the least affected by this (cheaper Dispel/higher channeling). My enchantment-heavy Forcemaster on the other hand becomes nearly unplayable with this in the meta (5+ direct damage/turn would kill me pretty quick). Idk how much this actually "balances" arcane, since it just makes Dispel and +channeling effects that much more valuable if you want to use a lot of enchantments...both of which are in the Arcane school.

Dr.Cornelius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 11:42:41 PM »
Transfusion is actually a strong counter to Corruption.  Once you get hit by it, Just move all the buffs from the Corrupted creature to something else, chances are it'll be cheaper than trying to Dispel it and the opponent would have to reach pretty deep for the mana to cast a second one.
Which is exactly why Arcane Corruption is unlikely to become a staple.  It is countered by a card that most enchantment heavy decks will be packing.

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 05:40:07 AM »
If we exchange equal mana and during the exchange you lost 5+ health that's a pretty good deal for me.

Although thinking about it more this does fail the "generally useful" test as its just an overpriced ghoul rot against many opponents. It very well may not see a lot of play but its a better counter than destroy magic is mostly because its level 2.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 07:49:16 AM »
Which is exactly why Arcane Corruption is unlikely to become a staple.  It is countered by a card that most enchantment heavy decks will be packing.

I would just use Shift Enchantment the Arcane Corruption to the new target you moved your enchantments to. Costing me less to transfer than you.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »

I would just use Shift Enchantment the Arcane Corruption to the new target you moved your enchantments to. Costing me less to transfer than you.
Nice enchantment wars! What are you giving up in your spellbook for that [mwcard=MW1I25]Shift Enchantment[/mwcard]?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 09:35:32 AM »
I already have 2 in my warlock spellbook to move curse around and buff from adramelech to my warlock or vice versa

lettucemode

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2014, 12:51:44 PM »
I like the shift enchantment idea. Nice Novice spell to keep the pain coming. Except you wouldn't want to use it after the opposing Blasting Banker transfuses all those enchantments onto you...ouch!

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2014, 03:37:18 PM »
Blasting banker has a lot of self buffs which he won't want to transfer to his opponent. He'd need two transfusions to get himself enchantment free. And he wouldn't do that anyway as he'd be losing too much benefit. Blasting banker must dispel Arcane Corruption, transfusion doesn't help enough.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2014, 03:54:40 PM »
Blasting banker has a lot of self buffs which he won't want to transfer to his opponent. He'd need two transfusions to get himself enchantment free. And he wouldn't do that anyway as he'd be losing too much benefit. Blasting banker must dispel Arcane Corruption, transfusion doesn't help enough.

In the current version. Charmyna has proven himself a flexible player and I think he'll adapt to this card.

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2014, 10:14:50 PM »
Tunis card is just a silver bullet to an unexpecting player who stack a lot of enchants. It is not that bad or good just a good option.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2014, 11:09:08 PM »
Tunis card is just a silver bullet to an unexpecting player who stack a lot of enchants. It is not that bad or good just a good option.

Very well put Aquestrion.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.