May 14, 2024, 04:14:54 AM

Author Topic: Equipment vs Equipment destruction balance  (Read 9893 times)

Alberto112

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Equipment vs Equipment destruction balance
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 06:30:12 AM »
I don"t mean weapons. I mean Wand/Spell combinations  Wand-Sleep, Wand- Teleport or elemental wand with a 3 spellpoint attack. 4 Backup"s will cost about 28 spellpoints for only one wand.

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 08:13:55 AM »
The only equip I usually worry too much about is wands, those I either dissolve, explode, or use steal equipment on.  Maybe armor in the right situation, but I try to power through that.

As was kind of mentioned it might be fun if there was a mechanic in the game to have armor take damage.  As it stands you can be bashed in a breastplate for 30 damage and it comes off without a scuff, you would think it would take some dents at least and eventually lose its effectiveness or get smashed, unless you pay upkeep to repair it.  I guess that all sounds a bit too complicated, but something like armor has 10 life and as you get hit the damage is deflected to the armor instead of you would be manageable without too many tokens, etc.  Treat a piece of armor like a construct/conjuration you wear essentially.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 10:26:16 AM »
@Baron Isn't there a steal equipment?

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 10:54:16 AM »
I think cards/abilities that would be interesting would be things that dealt X direct damage based on the number of equip items the person is wearing, or an equipment version of Steal Enchantment (snatching an opponents wand or stun hammers would be fun), something to give equipment upkeep costs, or things along that line.

You can cast Steal Equipment Incantation to steal people's equipment (similar to Steal Enchantment) so that card already exists Baron.  :)