May 16, 2024, 06:07:55 AM

Author Topic: Enchanter's Ring and Steal Enchantment  (Read 3804 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Enchanter's Ring and Steal Enchantment
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:22:39 AM »
Does the discount from the Ring apply to giving the new target the enchantment that is stolen? The text on the card seems to imply this, but I can't tell for sure. It says something along the lines of calculating the attachment cost "as if you just cast the spell."
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Enchanter's Ring and Steal Enchantment
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 08:34:24 AM »
No. You pay casting cost for Steal Enchantment and additional cost for attaching it to new target, not cast and reveal stolen enchantment. Enchanter's ring can be used when You're casting an enchantment only and with Steal Enchantment You're just paying additional cost for attaching to new target. "As if You just cast and reveal the spell" refers to the cost calculation.
Also important is "just cast" in SE vs "You are casting" in ER. You don't have a time window to use Enchanter's Ring. If You were casting the stolen enchantment Nullify, Harshforge and other things could be applied to this, but they aren't.

[mwcard=MW1Q09]Enchanter's Ring[/mwcard]
 [mwcard=MW1I27]Steal Enchantment[/mwcard]
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 12:58:15 PM »
I'm not sure I completely understand the argument... but I'll just accept the "no." Thanks.

KaneKalos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
I'm not sure I completely understand the argument... but I'll just accept the "no." Thanks.

Maybe I can help make it a little more clear, though what Kaarin said is correct. The Enchanter's Ring discounts an enchantment when your Mage casts the spell. Steal Enchantment says in the first line that you are MOVING the enchantment, not casting it. Like Kaarin said, the "as if you were casting and revealing" part is only referring to the cost calculation for X.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
Heitai-san wa yukande; itsudemo kimi no soba ni iru.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 04:33:43 PM »
Got it... it's being moved, not cast. The text at the end is what confused me. Thanks!