May 13, 2024, 08:39:55 PM

Author Topic: Name that expansion!  (Read 7246 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Name that expansion!
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:43:41 PM »
https://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/name-that-expansion

There's a new set coming out with new cards including cards that are currently promo cards. The cards in the set are not thematically related to each other. Arcane wonders wants us to come up with names for the set and submit them.

Also, has Arcane Wonders considered the (IMO) most obvious thematic justification for having all those unrelated cards in one spell tome? I'm talking about Amadseer the cursed of course. I bet he's learned about quite a few spells on his travels, as well as how to cast many of them too. And he's probably willing to share some of his knowledge with other mages he meets on his journey.

This would also be an excellent opportunity for some more lore in the form of Amadseer's writing. Or failing that you could just compile the short stories he's already written in the lore section of the forums and put them in the set along with the cards.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 11:46:14 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Name that expansion!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 12:04:55 AM »
I do miss the ramblings of Amadseer and his journeys!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
Problem: when i click on the hyperlink, I go to the error page https://www.surveymonkey.com/checkrequest.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/s/MWExpansion

But when i copy and pasted the text https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MWExpansion into my address bar, i got there just fine

EDIT: of course you dont have to go to that page, cuz the survey is imbedded in the mage wars page...

My vote is Mage Wars: Yoseph's Promotional Tomes, themed around Yoseph, Merchant of Many Things trying to sell us some discount tomes.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Name that expansion!
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:45 AM »
Problem: when i click on the hyperlink, I go to the error page https://www.surveymonkey.com/checkrequest.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/s/MWExpansion

But when i copy and pasted the text https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/MWExpansion into my address bar, i got there just fine

EDIT: of course you dont have to go to that page, cuz the survey is imbedded in the mage wars page...

My vote is Mage Wars: Yoseph's Promotional Tomes, themed around Yoseph, Merchant of Many Things trying to sell us some discount tomes.

Nice name. But they're not promo cards. When the set is released the cards in it will be tournament legal.

The intrepid merchant Mage idea occurred to me too by the way. I was thinking of something like the move tutor in Pokemon crossed with a traveling merchant. Wasn't sure what that would be called, but since this would be a traveller that deals in knowledge gained from his travels rather than exotic items, Amadseer fits the bill.

The name I voted for was something along the lines of "Mage Wars: the Wanderer's Compendium (volume 1)" or simply "Mage Wars: the Wanderer's Compendium".
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 11:07:18 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:00:40 PM »
I suggested "From the Volumes of the Arch Mage"
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 01:41:03 PM »
Mage Wars: Esoteric Evocations

Make it so!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »
Mage Wars: Esoteric Evocations

Make it so!

es·o·ter·ic
ˌesəˈterik/
adjective
adjective: esoteric

intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest.
    "esoteric philosophical debates"

In other words, if there are any novice spells or potential autoincludes in the set then it doesn't really make sense to call it esoteric.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »
Alright then,

Eclectic Evocations!  ;D

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 06:10:31 AM »
Alright then,

Eclectic Evocations!  ;D

Spell Tome for the Eclectic Mage

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 12:12:55 AM »
I really like that they're asking the fans for possible names! It sure would be awesome to win the drawing too. I suggested Mage Wars: The Spellweaver's Toolbox as a possibility.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 12:58:35 AM »
Lost a long time before, finally rediscovered:

Mage Wars: Forgotten Secrets

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Name that expansion!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 05:57:17 AM »
I really like that they're asking the fans for possible names! It sure would be awesome to win the drawing too. I suggested Mage Wars: The Spellweaver's Toolbox as a possibility.

What schools would the spell weaver trained in? All of them?

It sounds cool though.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »

The "Dawn over Etheria" expansion pack..doesn't that just sounds cool ?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »
I can see a "Yoseph, merchant of many things" distributing whole package trough Etheria :)

i voted for one of the listed options - Spell Chest. But Forgoten secrets sounds cool to me :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )