May 05, 2024, 04:28:04 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!  (Read 289238 times)

Molrid

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Open - OCTGN Tournament!
« Reply #180 on: April 16, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »
Small change I will play drefan on monday 20:00 cet

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 16, 2016, 08:55:44 AM »
Small change I will play drefan on monday 20:00 cet

So that pushes your game with theasaris to Tuesday?  I'll try to record both if I can.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Molrid

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 16, 2016, 10:14:04 AM »
Think I mixed them up thesaris on Monday and drefan tuesday and big on Sunday at 6 pm cet

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 16, 2016, 11:35:58 AM »
Hi guys,

Quick question, does anyone know when the finals will start?

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 16, 2016, 11:48:28 AM »
Hi guys,

Quick question, does anyone know when the finals will start?
Assuming that players who still have to do 3 matches will play one match per week (as per tournament rules) then finals should start 3 weeks from now on.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 16, 2016, 09:38:50 PM »
I am now finished with the round robin.

Loss vs. ad_yer - I played a Fire Wizard
Loss vs. Romeo - I played a Forcemaster

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2016, 01:44:42 AM »
Ok folks, sorry ive waited till the end to get this report out but i guess life got in the way. alright lets recap.

Vs. Ad-yer i played a zombie warlock, and although i did decently in the early game, my late game reluctance to press an advantage lost me the game in the end. and rightfully so! never forget to go for the kill. thats how you win after all! very well played on both sides (till i blew it that is lol!)!

result the large flying boulders of ad yer crushed the life from my AC warlock, leaving his undead minions to pick his corpse clean

Vs. Biblofilter I played a borderline rediculous priestess book that lost like a champ but made me think about the build even more. it was incredibly fun and Biblofilter is a gentleman, scholar and incredible sportsman. A decent start had me summoning malacoda (yeah i know...) and placing a stack of enchantments face down on myself. blah blah blah enchantment transfusion a bunch of enchantments. an awe inspiring seeking dispel catches my divine intervention and i lose a ton of tempo. i keep up a decent performance but the AC warlock he played (that was very similar to the one i played against ad yer.) burnt and plasted the life from my poor priestess, who was only trying her hand at this dammage over time thing shes heard so much about.

result. Biblofilter vastly outplayed my odd book, and claimed the victory after a great match! the lesson here was all about tempo gain. gotta keep your head on your shoulders when your trying to play the action game. Phenomenal game!

Vs Mastermystery I was very intimidated by this upcoming match, hard on the heels of my epic loss to biblofilter as it was. I decided to use a wizard book whos original intention was damage over time. i decided to change strategies and run an attack tower. Even though a beautiful roll took out mysterys battleforge in one shot, not even that tempo gain and the destruction of Serseryix was able to stave off the eventual firey ashy death that quickly flew my way.

Result. i was again vastly outplayed, but i thoroughly enjoyed my match. i dont often play a wizard, nor do i often face an adramelech warlock, but it was a very informative loss.

Vs Devilsvendetta I chose to bring a nature mage to the fray this time, as both myself and my opponent were fighting for the covetted 0 for 4 slot! so much pressure abound. My druid started the match by planting a vine tree after donning a leaf ring. the forcemaster accross the arena dropped a mana crystal and a battleforge. i followed in the next few rounds with extra vine markers from the tree each round, casting fellela, and planting a flower. what followed was a steady stream of tanglevines off the tree that just barely managed to keep the forcemaster locked down for a while. the FM countered with 3 thoughtspores that my druid promptly threw huge and slightly less huge rocks at aggessively, luckily killing them.

results. after losing all my creatures and him having an invisible stalker, on the hunt for me, my long term ghoul rots and mage bane caught up to the FM and she became delerious and her own servant tore her apart with its nasty invisible claws. Thanks to Vendetta for a Great game! i know the Druid is frustrating and he bore it like a champ! awesome game

End result 1 for 3. not horrible!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2016, 09:46:06 AM »
Match for Group C, Round 3, leggybl0nde vs Tyrnan is scheduled for Sunday 17th of April 14:00 UTC. Casters welcome :)
Due to a spontaneous software update of my windows 7 system (without any notice whatsoever ...) I disconnected during planning phase of turn 3.
According to the rules this counts as a loss for me.
I used my Adramalech Warlock, leggybl0nde used the druid.
Would have been a fun match .. I'm sorry we couldn't play it to the end :(
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Molrid

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »
So me and BigL16 played our match.

Setup is Adramalech Warlock(me) VS Blodwave Warlord(Big)

It starts of by the Warlord putting out some barracks and a archer tower. The warlock responds with a summoning circle though hidden from the sight of the warlord.

The very next turn the warlock springs in to action revealing the summoning circle and summon a magma golem. the warlord flees in terror and steps back to his original corner position.

The next turn involes the warlord running forward past the golem charging towards the warlock. The warlock now needs to slow down the charging orc before its to late.

Curse after curse the darkness flows towards the warlord and he is trapped with a enfeeble and force hold. Taking damage from a ghoul rot.

The golem has now stacked up some burns of molten lava on him and is ready to engage and what a glorius engagement it was. the warlord made the mistake of trapping himself with the beast with earthwalls thinking he would have the chance to climb over with the boots he just equipped but no. the beast had struck twice and the warlord bruised and burning could not escape death. He barly made it outside his own walls and then the rot and burn got to him. He was finnished.

I Molrid champion of flame and dark won the match without taking a single point of damage :)

Fun game though :P

Next match tomorrow, see you then Thesaris.

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2016, 12:06:01 PM »
Match against Molrid is coming up in ~1 hour. Any castors available?

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »
Match against Molrid is coming up in ~1 hour. Any castors available?

I'm planning to be there at 2pm Arcane Duels time (1900 utc).  Is this still correct?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »
Rinc vs Sharkbait.

Rinc entered arena with the forcemaster. Sharkbait used his necromancer.

Even though Rinc got off to a very heavy economy start (15 channeling) without any pressure at all from Sharkbait, he could not transform that into enough lasting power to beat Sharkbait.

Winner, Sharkbait.

Sharkbait 1 - 0 Rinc.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2016, 03:01:25 PM »
If anyone else has finished from other groups, but wants to get in some other games...hit me up here or on OCTGN and I'd love to play more people.

Molrid

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2016, 12:51:26 AM »
Final match me vs drefan. Drefan won

Necro vs beastmaster

I acually don't have the energy to type an enire story but then again it basicly went. enchant enchant enchant on the beastmaster. = dead necro :P

So I should be at standing 2:2 win vs theasaris and win vs bigl16
Loss vs drefan and frozen
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:05:45 AM by Molrid »

Molrid

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2016, 08:16:49 AM »
Can someone report in my win vs BigL16 in the brackets?