May 06, 2024, 10:19:01 AM

Author Topic: Is there a way to ignore Off-Topic?  (Read 2858 times)

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Is there a way to ignore Off-Topic?
« on: November 07, 2012, 07:11:09 PM »
It seems this is the folder of choice for spammers and it's flooding my Recent list with crap. Is there some way to just ignore this entire sub-forum by checkbox or something?

Thanks

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a way to ignore Off-Topic?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:44:30 PM »
I have a better Idea. but first a little information. About a week ago the member count for this forum was just over 220. It has now balloned to over 700. While I would like to think that most of those are people interested in the game I know that it is foolishness to think as such.

Anyone that hasn't logged in for over a week since thier screen name was made and have 3 or more consonants in a row in thier screen name needs to be deleted and the IP's Banned.

This forum is slow enough as is. Spambots or Spamsapians will just slow it down even more.

Hedge

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:15 PM »
This board is tortuously slow, for the most part, but that has nothing do do with the content within the threads. Threads sit there until you ping the server for them. New threads don't slow down the system. Not how it works.

And...yes...the spambots are rampant. Something could be done about that...

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:41:15 PM »
Well until my account is fixed I can sit back and watch it happen. :dry: sorry ALL
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage