May 20, 2024, 01:15:04 AM

Author Topic: How to beat zombie necromancer?  (Read 11508 times)

blackirishguilt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Ka is a wheel.
    • View Profile
Re: How to beat zombie necromancer?
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 07:34:04 AM »
I had to zap my own Hydra to get damage on it, then push it forward to keep all of my opponent's zombies off me.

And it's plays like this that keep me coming back for more!  Is it 5:00 yet?  :P
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 03:44:13 PM »
I had to zap my own Hydra to get damage on it, then push it forward to keep all of my opponent's zombies off me.

And it's plays like this that keep me coming back for more!  Is it 5:00 yet?  :P

That is a pretty good move actually. I love the wacky tactics we are sometimes inclined to bring out. I recently used Maim Wings on my own Adramelech so as to hide him behind walls and away from three Royal Archers while I murdered the fourth and a couple of constantly guarding Guardian Angels.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:38 PM »
Well brutes can guard but have bloodthirsty, so they have to attack if they can... a tough wounded creature can therefore draw off all the guards.

Zombies are incredibly tough and strong for the points, but bloodthirstiness and speed are both problems for them. Pushing/teleporting the necromancer away from his swarm and putting up walls isn't a bad start. Also just quick, early attacking. If you're in his face on the third turn, a battleforge/libro/ring approach is just too slow.

Just wait till the never packs a mage wand and zombie frenzy plus nullifies

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:53 PM »
* necro

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2014, 09:06:40 AM »
My necro strategy:
Turn one: death ring plus libro move
Turn two summon skeleton minion plus shadow cloak move
Turn three: meditation amulate plus skeleton minion meditate
Turn four: skeleton minion plus graveyard meditate
Turn five: skeleton minion plus mage wand meditate
Turn 6 : mort plus bind zombie frenzy meditate, charge skeletons one square
Turn7: summon a zombie meditate, attack w skeletons
After, you keep summoning zombies till you loose all your skeleton, then repeatedly use zombie frenzy

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2014, 09:34:15 AM »
It amazes me why zombie frenzy is not epic while akiros battle cry is. :-)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 02:38:19 PM »
It is because forcemaster would kill the zombie necro in her sleep

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 11:01:24 PM »
Oh man... this topic reminds me of the funniest game of Mage Wars I've ever played.  A friend and I had agreed to try out building custom books for the first time.  I chose the Forcemaster as my mage (having never played it before), mostly because of the cantrip weapon.  I decided to build a solo book by compiling every powerful buffing enchantment and piece of equipment, as well as some typical mind control stuff (I had absolutely no creatures or conjurations).    When my opponent announced he was playing the Necromancer, I honestly figured I was screwed since all of his creatures possessed psychic immunity. 

And then we began the game...  The necromancer stayed on his side of the field and started amassing a horde of zombies.  I decided not to press him, as I wanted to see how much punishment my mage could take.  Instead, I simply geared up.  After ~8 turns, I finally moved to the center of the board, and he attacked with all 10 of his creatures.  Hilariously enough... they couldn't actually touch me.  At that point, I had 7 defenses, 5 armor, and a whole lot of other defensive perks. 

At this point, I could have simply ended the game, but I was just having too much fun watching my opponent's mounting frustration (he had apparently forgotten to add any dispels into his book, so his only counter was to play more and more zombies).  Instead of going for the necromancer himself, I simply cut down his minions as fast as he could summon them (he had to run out eventually...).  I even let him build up a max-strength Shaggoth-Zora (it took me all of three turns to cut it to pieces, and it only dealt 4 damage to me). 

After 2 and a half hours of this, my opponent finally quit (with an expletive-filled rant that I won't repeat here).  Sadly, he has refused to play me ever since.   :'(

So yeah.... turns out one of the easiest ways of beating a zombie necromancer is to just buff yourself up as much as possible, pray your opponent doesn't have a purge or destroy magic, and just wait patiently until he rage-quits.  ;D 

Marhem

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2014, 08:50:28 AM »
Or put up a wall of spikes and keep mass pushing, he runs in takes damage, attacks, no damage taken, push him out, and repeat :D very frustrating