Mage Wars > Alternative Play

introducing Academy mages into Arena play?!?!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Puddnhead:
Oh man, that upgraded Forcemaster looks so sexy!  8)

Obsidian Soul:
Academy Mages should not be better than Arena Mages.  I have been contemplating the idea as well, though I think that they should be 'free' Familiars (with Epic and Legendary) that come in with an Academy Mage.  The combined spellbook for the team would be 160 SP (120 SP for the Arena Mage and 40 SP for the Academy Mage) and the survival of the Academy Mage would be worth +1 Victory Point.

farkas1:
Hey Obsidian.  Yes I love your idea as well and would like to try it out.

I would like to think of my method thematically as not academy mages but they graduated from the academy.  So they need to be just as strong as the other arena mages.  I have seen a few comments about the ones I converted to being maybe too strong.  So I will be working on new abilities to add to make them and taking away the transfers ability.  hopefully it will make it feel less OP.

So if we were to make this work, is there any Graduates (Acadmey>Arnea mages) that feel balanced at the current moment?  Any unbalanced? Ect.  Again I just want to make it easy to include these mages into arena, feel competitive, and balanced.  With that being said I know with balancing play testing these mages out a several times will remain key to achieve balance. 

farkas1:
Academy mages converted to Arena Mages with new abilities 1.2

Bael Warlock 36 life, channel 9.

Hell Fire Curse:  you may pay 1 mana and place a burn on a creature if they have a curse and no other burns.  Also enemy creatures with curses have a +2 to effect die when rolling for burn conditions.

Sacrifice of Blood

Kelsar Grove Beastmaster 34, 9

Fury of the Beast: nature enchantments targeting Animals cost 1 less, once per round if a friendly animal has a nature enchantment you may pay one mana to give it +1 melee for the round. 

Stir the Beast

Sistarra Wizard 32,10

Extend Magic
Lightning Charge during upkeep you may pay 1 mana your mage has +1 armor until you cast a lightning spell.  your next attack gains +1 melee and +1 range to lightning attack
Weather Influence
once per round cloud, wind and frost spells cost 1 mana less
any freeze conditions on enemy creatures also gain +2 to effect rolls when attacked

Dsjer-Tet Forcemaster 34,10

Power Transfer
Force Barrier you may pay 1 mana in upkeep to get +1 armor for the round and the first time your mage is damaged by a melee attack you may place a stagger on the attacking creature. 

Ivarium Warlord 32, 9 

Battle Orders
Battle Horn  once per round when you summon a lvl 1 soldier you may summon another soldier by paying mana equal to Level +1. 

Asyra Priestess 33, 10

Blessing of Champions

Asrya Blessing:  During upkeep, you may pay 3 mana to heal 2 damage to a friendly creature in arena.  If you do that creature  gains +1 melee for the round. 

Retribution:  non-mage friendly light attacks gain +1 melee and +1 Range

keejchen:
I would play it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version