May 07, 2024, 08:07:50 AM

Author Topic: Steep hill and conjurations  (Read 2989 times)

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Steep hill and conjurations
« on: December 15, 2016, 09:54:59 PM »
Ok, I'm pretty sure this is just a dumb, but hopeful, question. Is there any chance that they Erattaed Steep Hill so that it can work with conjurations that attack (i.e., temple of light, akiro's hammer, Ballista---which I just saw in Lost Grimlore)?

Because it would be so cool to put akiro's hammer or a temple of light on a giant hill....especially since one of those gets completely Shut down by incorporeal walls....

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Steep hill and conjurations
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 10:17:45 PM »
Unfortunately the steep hill says "creatures" gain the +1 range bonus.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 11:45:30 PM »
It does not boost attacks of conjurorations  but it could be used in a way to defend them.  It does protect conjurations a little by non flying creatures taking a full action to move into the zone.  So it can slow down the enemy from taking down a critical conjuration.  Obviously it does not totally stop someone from using force hammer or running a flying creature or eagle wings on a creature to take down the conjuration.  It will make it tougher in some circumstances. 

You can also wall one side in a corner and have steep hill in an adjacent zone and it would do both block line of site and slow down incoming enemies.  You lose 1 zone to utilize attacking conjuration attacks but if playing defensive it could save you a turn or two from being blasted by an attack spell. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:21:40 AM »
ב"ה
Well, Almost all creatures could be teleported, and most of them could be pushed as well. You can't push or teleport a conjuration out of the zone, so a conjuration would benefit much more from steep hill.
Beside, wizard towers were so powerful they had to errata them to be less powerful, and I think they don't really need more power back again.
The spell is probably powerful enough by itself, since it effect all archers in the zone and your mage with his attack spells.
Not to mention that the Ballista is really good even without such errata.