May 07, 2024, 12:28:04 PM

Author Topic: Force Wave Question  (Read 3422 times)

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Force Wave Question
« on: November 21, 2016, 12:38:00 PM »
So, from what i know, i can use force push to push someone into the arena wall to cause 3dice of damage, and when i push someone through a paasaged wall i have to pay the extra mana.

So, in terms of force wave, can i push everyone in a zone into the arena wall dealing 3 damage to all of them? Or do I have to pay the additional mana, which is the prerequisite for pushing them through the wall.

The way i understand it, is that I don't have to pay the additional mana because they are not going through a wall. I bring this up, because that would make force wave a really cost efficient crowd control damage spell when the opponents creatures are near the arena wall or if you placed an impassable wall to use this spell in the middle of the arena.

So, did i get that right?
Thanks!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Force Wave Question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:55:38 PM »
You are correct sir! You can force wave a group into the arena wall for the wall bash and not have to pay additional mana. It is a decent option when they are trying to swarm you with creatures like Asps.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 07:05:08 AM »
Thanks!

I guess that prompts a 2nd question---what if use an attack spell that has a push %, ie, jetstream. Does this mean that after i cause damage from the spell and IF i roll to push then i can push them into a nearby wall for an additional 3d of unavoidable damage (if they are near an inpassible wall)?

So basicly, if the conditions are right (i'm attacking a flying creature by the arena wall) i can do 7d worth of damage with only 4 mana?

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 07:57:02 AM »
Good question!
Assuming nothing is preventing the creature from moving, Using Jet Stream and getting the push will always push the target away. If that is through a Wall of Fire, then you pay no extra mana and they take the wall damage while moving. If you are against the arena wall they will take a bash of 3 dice (again for no extra mana). This makes Jet Stream competitive vs Force Push depending on how luck you feel.
Hope that helps!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM »
Ah, very cool. Thanks.

Ok, final question:
So lets say, im in the same zone as my opponent that i am casting jet stream on. We are both standing by the arena wall. Now, from what i understand, I can push him in any direction because we are in the same zone.---ie, i can choose to push him into the wall or any other surroundibg space because they are equidistant.

Now as for pushing them though a wall. I always thought that i had to pay the 3 mana, but i guess you are telling me that the additional cost only aplies when using the incantation, force push (i think it costs 6 with force wave), but it costs 0 if it is a result of an attack spell's condition roll. Interesting. Good to know.

Thanks brother---oh and keep up the good work on youtube---Ive watched your PvS recently and it was a great breakdown.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 11:07:03 AM »
Ah, very cool. Thanks.

Ok, final question:
So lets say, im in the same zone as my opponent that i am casting jet stream on. We are both standing by the arena wall. Now, from what i understand, I can push him in any direction because we are in the same zone.---ie, i can choose to push him into the wall or any other surroundibg space because they are equidistant.

Now as for pushing them though a wall. I always thought that i had to pay the 3 mana, but i guess you are telling me that the additional cost only aplies when using the incantation, force push (i think it costs 6 with force wave), but it costs 0 if it is a result of an attack spell's condition roll. Interesting. Good to know.

Thanks brother---oh and keep up the good work on youtube---Ive watched your PvS recently and it was a great breakdown.

I fail to see a question, but your statements are all correct  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 07:01:55 AM »
Jet Stream as no additional cost if you choose to push through a wall with passage attacks
Siren is so cool