May 10, 2024, 03:10:32 AM

Author Topic: Charm and Passage Attacks  (Read 3340 times)

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Charm and Passage Attacks
« on: June 25, 2013, 07:50:39 AM »
Reading the Forums, I've ascertained that "Controller" on charm means your mage. This means that the creature can still attack your creatures and vice versa without breaking the Charm. However, would having your mage Push the creature through a Wall with a Passage Attack break the Charm? The Push isn't actually an attack and isn't what does the damage, the Wall is what attacks and damages the creature....So I'm assuming its safe to do this without breaking your charm, but I'd like to be sure.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Charm and Passage Attacks
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 08:40:05 AM »
Reading the Forums, I've ascertained that "Controller" on charm means your mage. This means that the creature can still attack your creatures and vice versa without breaking the Charm. However, would having your mage Push the creature through a Wall with a Passage Attack break the Charm? The Push isn't actually an attack and isn't what does the damage, the Wall is what attacks and damages the creature....So I'm assuming its safe to do this without breaking your charm, but I'd like to be sure.

Add bashing to this.

There might be a difference. I would consider the damage from bashing breaking the charm whereas damage from a wall with attack trait not so.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »
Charm only breaks if the mage attacks the creature directly.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:56 PM »
So neither triggering a passage attacks or bash would count then? That makes Charm quite a bit more useful for the FM.