May 17, 2024, 04:06:52 PM

Author Topic: The Elemental Lord  (Read 7360 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: The Elemental Lord
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 01:18:13 PM »
Very awesome thematic build. Looks like a blast to play. I suggest and Elusive creature of some sort for the Element of Surprise
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

keejchen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: The Elemental Lord
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 01:14:26 AM »
@silverclawgrizzly Haha! I love the idea of adding the element of surprise! Though, at least when I meet new people, they are already fairly surprised when they see the elementals pop out. Maybe there are more elements to consider adding?

@Coshade, I like the idea of adding an arcane ward, I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the many uses (and restrictions) of this spell. For defending an important enchant it would definitely be worth bringing at least one.

When I look at the belts I usually take regrowth because of the higher regen. Especially in this book opponents go for the mage a lot, so I often end up teleporting around the board while desperately trying to heal. Of course armor helps prevent this, I'm honestly not sure what is best here.

And yeah I have been running with akiros favor for a while now. I used to think that when you roll 10+ dice, with +4 on the effect, the reroll would be redundant. But now I would not go without it! Missing that stun or rolling low dmg with 11 dice is the worst.

I have been thinking of removing the second whirling spirit, freeing up 4 points for adding flexibility. In 75 minute play I rarely get more than 3 creatures out anyway. Any suggestions are much welcomed :D
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard