Mage Wars > General Questions

Blue Gremlin and Teleport

(1/17) > >>

Jon.Ambriz:
In the rule book, the rules on teleport say that a creature that has teleport can move through walls to another zone. However, if a wall is blocking LOS how can such a teleport happen?

I ask this because a couple nights ago there was a starter match that I sat in on and a Wizard summoned a Blue Gremlin and then on the next round used a mana point to give the Gremlin Fast, which on the card says this trait counts as a teleport. But, Warlock has casted a Wall of Fire to block off the Gremlin's route the previous turn. Does the Gremlin bypass the wall even though the Wall blocks off LOS?

Hedge:
Because Teleport the Spell requires LoS. A Creature just moving to the next Zone does not require LoS. Nowhere in the Rule book does it state that you need LoS for your Creature's move action.

Hedge

Shad0w:
This is from another thread that can be found here.

--- Quote from: "Shad0w" post=1987 ---

--- Quote from: "fas723" post=1986 ---Can I teleport something through a wall?
Does it depent on which side I start the teleportation?
--- End quote ---

Shad0w Wrote:

Teleporting
Teleporting is an effect that moves a creature directly from one zone to another. The teleported creature
does not move through any zones in between, and bypasses all walls, creatures, and objects along its
route. Everything that is attached to the teleported creature, except conjurations, including all conditions, damage, enchantments, equipment, and mana, always moves with the teleported creature to its new zone. Any attached conjurations do not move with the creature when it teleports, and are destroyed. In this way, a creature can effectively escape from conjurations like Tanglevine. A creature may teleport into the same zone it started in (effectively teleporting zero zones) to escape from attached conjurations. Unlike a Push, teleporting can affect Unmovable creatures.

So it would be correct to say you can teleport a creature past a wall but not through it.  Also in order to do this you would need LOS to both the Creatures Zone and the intended zone if using the Teleport spell.

I hope that helps
--- End quote ---

With the current wording if a creature has a teleport ability it could even go past objects that block LoS unless otherwise stated in that ability. Because the teleport keyword does not require LoS, where as the teleport spell does.

NovemberAdam:
I'm curious as to how the gremlin moves for this teleport.  Can it only teleport 1 square away, or can it teleport further away?  Is it in essence moving like other creatures, as in one zone at a time, but is just blinking from one zone to the other?

Shad0w:
One zone at a time via its Fast Teleport ability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version