May 16, 2024, 09:55:02 PM

Author Topic: Help Build My Spellbooks PART 2  (Read 3832 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Help Build My Spellbooks PART 2
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
Alright so for this next video I'm going to do Necromancer vs Druid. The video after that I'll do a Johkarti BM vs a Wizard. For now though, I need all the other stuff for the Necro and Druid.

What strategies will they use? What cards should I build around and include in the book? Should the Necro be Zombies or Skeletons? Should the Druid be aggressive or defensive? I'll leave everything up to you guys!
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: Help Build My Spellbooks PART 2
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:24:47 PM »
make the necro use skeletons and war stuff like the armory, archer towers, fortified position.

You could steal my tanglebowpush druid i posted on here and tweek it.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 03:32:13 PM »
What echepron said :-)

Will you build those two spellbooks specifically oriented against each other? Or we will pretend that some two standard books just met each other an by accident, it is necro vs druid? :-)

My bet is on kralhator :-)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:51:42 PM »
Will you build those two spellbooks specifically oriented against each other? Or we will pretend that some two standard books just met each other an by accident, it is necro vs druid? :-)

That's up to you guys. Do you want the books to be tailored for this match up or do you want them to be standard books?
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

AsianChexMix

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 08:07:42 PM »
I personally would like to see zombies just because I love seeing that. Using Idol of Pestilence, Plague Zombies and so forth versus the Druid that can regen every single time and how to deal with the zone control the Druid can do.

At least, that's my vote.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 02:47:25 AM »
My vote is for standard spellbooks, but it will be pretty difficuilt to not be influenced by the information, who is your opponent. My vote is for skeleton Sorcerer and stuck/battle druid :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »
I like how community-based you design your videos for us, but there is absolutly no element of surprise if you and your friend know the exact content of each others spellbook.

Deciding the mages was cool, but please build your own spellbooks without our help, otherwise just use the standart books, if they are fairly balanced.
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
I like how community-based you design your videos for us, but there is absolutly no element of surprise if you and your friend know the exact content of each others spellbook.

Deciding the mages was cool, but please build your own spellbooks without our help, otherwise just use the standart books, if they are fairly balanced.

Normally I'd agree. However, my friend doesn't enjoy building spellbooks (yet), so I always end up building them for him. So in order to not have an unfair advantage since I built his spellbook and know what's in it, I always let him look at mine as well. Hopefully someday I'll be able to convince him to build his own but for now he isn't interested in doing so.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 12:39:54 PM »
Good reason.

I would prefer a necro with skeletons. Maybe there is space in the book left for a little bone dragon?

For the druid, I would like to see an agressive book that goes right to the throat.