May 08, 2024, 08:18:39 PM

Author Topic: Notes for demos  (Read 5206 times)

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Notes for demos
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:42:27 PM »
I'm planning to run some local Mage Wars demos at my FLGS in order to grow the player base. I've seen the how-to guide and the apprentice rules, but is there anything else AW likes when people demo the game (I'm thinking of a sign or pamphlets or something)?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Notes for demos
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »
I would stick to the base set stuff and use the quick reference sheet also.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

patrickconnor

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:46:59 PM »

I'm planning to run some local Mage Wars demos at my FLGS in order to grow the player base. I've seen the how-to guide and the apprentice rules, but is there anything else AW likes when people demo the game (I'm thinking of a sign or pamphlets or something)?

Have you signed up for our Ambassador Program?

http://www.arcanewonders.com/ambassador-program/ambassador-application

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 05:11:31 AM »
Not yet. I'd like to, but there's a catch-22 for first time demo-ers. You have to provide a reference from a store you've volunteered at to apply, but of course I won't have volunteered yet until I run a demo.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 08:26:11 AM »
Talk to one of your local stores. If they're willing to vouch for you then we should be able to work with it.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:04 AM »
Will do,  though I'm actually demoing on Tuesday and I'll probably just talk to them while I'm there.

tom

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:41 AM »
Good luck with your demo webcatcher! Definitely sign up for the Ambassador program. The AW team have a variety of resources to support your efforts. Let us know how it goes!
I care not how many minions I lose,
the Darkfenne always has more graves.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 11:32:39 PM »
Good luck with the demo. I just signed up for the ambassador program myself and am running an event Sunday. Let us know how yours goes!
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2014, 03:47:57 AM »
Hmm, out of curiousity, how long should it take for us to hear back on an ambassador application?  I've been waiting three weeks now to hear anything back on mine; if that's normal then no worries, but I thought I should check in just in case something has gone wrong. ; )

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2014, 08:33:36 AM »
Hmm, out of curiousity, how long should it take for us to hear back on an ambassador application?  I've been waiting three weeks now to hear anything back on mine; if that's normal then no worries, but I thought I should check in just in case something has gone wrong. ; )

It's not uncommon right now, but we're hoping to speed things up. I'll see what we can do about this, this week.

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2014, 11:52:09 AM »
Ah okay, no worries then.  --I'm not intending this as a sort of "Hurry up!" post or anything; it was just, without something confirming "Your application has been received." I wanted to make sure nothing had gone wrong.  Knowing that, I can wait as needed.

Thanks!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 07:47:14 PM »
The company is still kinda new and there's a lot on the burner at the moment I imagine. I got my application approved. They'll get back to you though.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't too worried about that aspect; I just wanted to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the application--because usually there's at least some sort of automated "Thank you for applying" that I never received.

Turned out there was something wrong after all: once AW looked at it, they were able to determine that my email probably was ".com" instead of ".om" as I had mistakenly entered it.

*sigh* ; )