May 03, 2024, 03:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Default decks with Core Spell Tome  (Read 3351 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Default decks with Core Spell Tome
« on: August 24, 2012, 12:50:07 PM »
Hi, my first post here. I love the game and already managed to order base set + core spell tome (I live in Europe, so I consider it quite achivement :D)

I was playing with info found on BBG and in manual and put every spell in spreadsheet. Than I put every pre-designed deck in it (with Priestesses errata)...
And voila!
With base set + core spell tome, you can have all 4 decks exept 5 cards (3 x Minor Heal and 2 x Dispell). It is pretty funny/interesting/sad.

But it is just an observation.
I know, I will not need all 4 decks at the same time, I know I will modify them hard and I know there will be some expansions (including 4-player expansion).

Once again, I love this game and can't wait for delivery. And I want to thank you for creating it.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Default decks with Core Spell Tome
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
I thought I read somewhere that you should be able to build all for decks from the core set with no overlap. is that not true? or did I just imagine/hope that?

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 01:42:29 PM »
Quote from: "theduke850" post=739
I thought I read somewhere that you should be able to build all for decks from the core set with no overlap. is that not true? or did I just imagine/hope that?

You can build any two of them with no overlap (and with Core Spell Tome you can have Wizard, Beastmaster and Warlock at the same time).

But Dispell and Minor Heal are used by all 4 mages, so there are not enough copies of them.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »
ahh, ok. thanks for the clarification.