May 03, 2024, 04:41:20 PM

Author Topic: Gencon 2012  (Read 9517 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Gencon 2012
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
Quote from: "eatmyjustice" post=720
Did you take the demo?
No

Did you play in a Mage Wars apprentice event?
Yes, I did this on Thursday at noon

Did you get a copy of Mage Wars?
Yes I was able to get a copy on Thursday morning

Did you get a chance to play the full game?
Yes, I've played about 5 games now... My favorite purchase at Gen Con this year.

Just so you know the apprentice event were the tournaments at 7pm. The demos were the event from 10am-6pm. The demos and  tournaments were all at apprentice level.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

eatmyjustice

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 10:42:13 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=723

Just so you know the apprentice event were the tournaments at 7pm. The demos were the event from 10am-6pm. The demos and  tournaments were all at apprentice level.

Ok... my spell book was marked "apprentice" so I thought it was the apprentice event.  For me it was perfect to learn how to play the game... I went right from the exhibit hall to the demo event.  The staff did a great job, and I'm sure this will be a successful game.
\"Arthur, that belt is a fashion accessory of evil, and evil is never in fashion.\" - The Tick

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 12:37:37 PM »
Quote from: "eatmyjustice" post=730
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=723

Ok... my spell book was marked "apprentice" so I thought it was the apprentice event.  For me it was perfect to learn how to play the game... I went right from the exhibit hall to the demo event.  The staff did a great job, and I'm sure this will be a successful game.

I was just giving you a heads up glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Hexcess

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 06:04:57 PM »
Did you take the demo?

Yes, I participated in two demos. My first was a pick-up before noon on Thursday. My second was a ticket on Sunday. People love the hat, by the way.

Did you play in a Mage Wars apprentice event?
No

Did you get a copy of Mage Wars?
I desired to, but did not have room to take it home in my bag. I was carry-on only to Indy all the way from California. After losing luggage in the past I opted to travel light to my first Gencon.

Did you get a chance to play the full game?[/quote]
No, it was the demo representation only on both occasions.

I am primarily a tabletop miniature enthusiast and player, although I have branched out into board and card games quite a bit with my family in the last few years.  It was the familiarity of a miniature game feel that first drew me to Mage Wars, as the board structure offers a context and paradigm I am used to.  After two times through at Gencon I became enamored with with the system all the way around.

I had the pleasure of meeting Ben and enjoying a discussion with him about Mage Wars, organized play and the Central California gaming scene.

Spot-on demo performance Arcane Wonders, it was a blast.

jhsjhs

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 02:02:32 PM »
Yes,no, no (sold out), no

Great demo, Well done.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 03:02:30 PM »
Quote from: "jhsjhs" post=833
Yes,no, no (sold out), no

Great demo, Well done.

Short and to the point. Well Done