May 08, 2024, 01:26:43 AM

Author Topic: Card spoilers so far.  (Read 57256 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Card spoilers so far.
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2014, 03:42:26 AM »
Get rid of Corrode tokens on self, by disarming your own dragon scale hauberk in the final quickcast, will most likely be the only reason for me to include a single copy of this spell in any given spellbook.

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 18, 2014, 09:21:51 AM »
Thinking about Disarm more, I think that I'll like it for mages that have specific equipment that they need to shut down in order to land damage, such as the Adramelech Warlock shutting down Dragonscale Hauberk or Elemental Cloak. It's a much safer play than Dissolve if they have a face down enchantment that could be a Nullify or Reverse Magic, it's cheap, and it has better range than Dissolve. Mostly I would want to use it to spike damage through against someone with a key piece of defensive equipment like Dragonscale Hauberk, Elemental Cloak, Veteran's Belt, or Suppression Cloak if I want to check for Nullify/Reverse Magic.

I don't think I would use it to shut down more active options such as disabling a weapon or wand. Shutting down a defensive measure for a turn can be capitalized on by multiple creatures/conjurations. Shutting down a weapon only reduces their attack strength slightly.

Another option with it that I didn't think of before is removing Corrode conditions from yourself by deactivating your chest piece for a round for 1 mana. That's a pretty efficient way to remove 2 Corrodes. For the Anvil Throne Warlord, it could even remove 3 Corrodes.
Agreed with all this. Except that I think Galvitar is a bit of an exception: if a Forcemaster paying lots of upkeep is on top of you with Galvitrar, disarming it could reduce a double 4-dice attack to a single 3-dice attack.

On wands probably only worth it if you suspect they're completely leaning on their Teleport Wand to save them from your deathpit this turn

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2014, 09:24:56 AM »
As eluded to, I like to think of Disarm as the cheap version of Dissolve, have a large Zombie swarm plan of attack this round but don't have enough mana to Dissolve the 4 armor Wizard with Veterans belt? You could use both of your casts (well timed of course) to place one Dissolve the Chest Piece Armor and place a Disable token the Belt.

Is the FM ready to use a FA attack and he has initiative? Disarm him during the first QC and move on out before he can strike. This will work well in this scenario especially if he also (before you) cast a spell during the First QC.

See that a Telepit is coming, use Disarm to stop the Wand from working that round.

It very useful in certain scenarios and when you are low on mana.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2014, 10:00:04 AM »
Im wondering if you can dissolve an item that is disabled.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2014, 10:05:24 AM »
I didnt see any obstacle or rule, which could stop you of doing so. Card (target) is still in play. :-)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2014, 10:09:53 AM »
I didnt see any obstacle or rule, which could stop you of doing so. Card (target) is still in play. :-)

it might be in the codex for disabled - something along the lines of:
Equipment with 1 or more disabled markers cannot be destroyed by bla bla.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2014, 10:11:07 AM »
No, a disabled object can still be destroyed.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2014, 10:49:32 AM »
No, a disabled object can still be destroyed.
A Disabled Wand with Dissolve attached to it, could not....

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
If you have akiros favor on a creature who gets mind controlled does the favor fall off?

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2014, 11:46:24 AM »
If you have akiros favor on a creature who gets mind controlled does the favor fall off?

Don't think so. From the codex for friendly, "A friendly object is one which is currently controlled by the player, or players on his team (in a multiplayer game)."

So since Akiro's has to be on a friendly living creature, and they now control the creature, it is considered friendly towards them and thus it stays on.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »
But it is your enchant on an unfriendly to you creature. It is now an illegal target.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
But it is your enchant on an unfriendly to you creature. It is now an illegal target.

Yeah I think I was wrong about this one. There's a thread ->Here<- that talks about something similar to this. The conclusion was that the creature changes posession but the enchantments attached to the creature remain in control of the original owner.

And then, b/c it's no longer friendly, it isn't a valid target.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Dr.Cornelius

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:38 AM »
Get rid of Corrode tokens on self, by disarming your own dragon scale hauberk in the final quickcast, will most likely be the only reason for me to include a single copy of this spell in any given spellbook.
May be technically correct, but smells like an exploit.  Is getting rid of Corrode tokens an intended use of Disarm?  Did this come up in playtest?

lettucemode

« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2014, 03:21:27 PM »
No such thing as an exploit, mate. You don't have to like it, but it seems to me like the rules play together pretty cleanly in this case.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2014, 03:58:18 PM »

Akiro's Favor would of been cast (at the target Friendly Creature) when it legally a target. You are asking if after this spell has been legally attached to a target (revealed or not), does the Enchantment "detach" itself as the creature is no longer a Friendly Creature.

The answer is an obvious no....not being a smart-aleck just going through what happens game mechanic wise....