May 18, 2024, 05:24:10 AM

Author Topic: Johtari Blastmaster 2.0  (Read 6221 times)

sshroom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Johtari Blastmaster 2.0
« on: February 28, 2014, 05:55:51 AM »
Heading into the arena tomorrow. Not sure what I will face (it won't be a Wizard). Want to be able to deal with a variety of threats. Here's what I'm thinking

Johtari BM

Attack
2 Acid Ball
Fireball
Force Hammer
2 Hurl Boulder
Jet Stream
Lightning Bolt
Pillar of Light
Surging Wave

Conjuration
3 Bloodspine Wall
Hand of Bim Shalla
Lair
2 Mana Flower
Stranglevine
2 Tanglevine

Creatures
3 Bitterwood Fox
Cervere
Emerald Tegu
3 Feral Bobcat
Spitting Raptor
Steelclaw Grizzly
3 Thunderrift Falcon
Timber Wolf

Enchantments
Bear Strength
Bull Endurabce
Eagle Wings
Harmonize
2 Hawkeye
2 Mongoose Agility
Nullify
Regrowth
Rhino Hide

Equipment
Bearskin
Eagleclaw Boots
Elemental Wand
Hunting Bow
Leather Boots
Leather Gloves
Regrowth Belt

Incantation
2 Dispel
2 Dissolve
Force Push
Rouse the Beast
2 Sniper Shot
2 Teleport

I'm thinking turn 1 will be harmonized lair and we'll see what happens from there. I will pretty much leave the summoning up to the lair while I kite and blast (Mongoose agility + fast = I can move 2 and blast twice per turn... assuming I have the mana).  Variety of attack spells b/c I don't know what I will face. I'll Elemental Wand whatever element seems most effective till it gets dissolved, then I will switch to bow.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Matt.dog

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Johtari Blastmaster 2.0
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 07:53:44 PM »
I played this with a couple swaps...thought it was bad at first and was pleasantly surprised by a victory. My fiancee used tarkins priestess deck with a couple changes (one less med amulet, big mistake) and she was aggressive and over extended with her angels.

Game opened with me charging to kill the forge with surging wave in the wand. Got it dissolved right after. Casted small creature every turn or 2 with lair to keep pressure on priestess creatures. It took awhile for her to get the temple attack out same with me with the bow. However kicking away at her knights and angels with the  falcons/tarok and foxes eventually paid the toll.  Well timed tangle vines while my animals and spells were in range finished her off.

The game evolved into something I didn't think the deck could or was meant to handle and it succeeded.

I feel it needs something for Healing or life aside from the regrowth belt. Maybe the sunfire amulet for 1 life per turn. Or a heal for a jam.

But overall very pleased.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:20:15 AM by Matt.dog »

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 02:07:45 PM »
I love it when a spellbook I have pleasantly exceeds expectations. Sounds like a great start.

sshroom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 06:11:43 PM »
I played this with a couple swaps...thought it was bad at first and was pleasantly surprised by a victory. My fiancee used tarkins priestess deck with a couple changes (one less med amulet, big mistake) and she was aggressive and over extended with her angels.

Game opened with me charging to kill the forge with surging wave in the wand. Got it dissolved right after. Casted small creature every turn or 2 with lair to keep pressure on priestess creatures. It took awhile for her to get the temple attack out same with me with the bow. However kicking away at her knights and angels with the  falcons/tarok and foxes eventually paid the toll.  Well timed tangle vines while my animals and spells were in range finished her off.

The game evolved into something I didn't think the deck could or was meant to handle and it succeeded.

I feel it needs something for Healing or life aside from the regrowth belt. Maybe the sunfire amulet for 1 life per turn. Or a heal for a jam.

But overall very pleased.

Hey thanks for the post! Glad you enjoyed the book. I myself am 4-0 with it (or slight variants of it), all vs. necromancers so can't say how she does in various matchups, but she seems to me to be an excellent platform for attack spells. Cheers and happy dueling!