May 04, 2024, 05:11:45 AM

Author Topic: Pre-Orders for Battlegrounds are online beginning today!  (Read 26340 times)

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
Pre-Orders for Battlegrounds are online beginning today!
« on: April 06, 2015, 10:49:23 AM »
Hi everyone!

We're very happy to say that the Pre-Orders for Battlegrounds Domination are live today!  You can pre-order for pre-release pick up at Origins Game Fair in June, or, for direct shipment to you upon full release.  As many of you know, the ports and customs have been a terror of a time the last 12 months.  While the articles and store pages say "Full release July 2015", we are anticipating the ability to ship these in late June or early July, pending those lovely ports and customs folks.

If you have any questions, please let us know.  We're very excited to not only be bringing out new spells to play with, but new styles with Domination and the custom tiles as well.  Thank you, as always, for your support!

Article: http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/pre-order-battlegrounds-domination-today

Pre-Order for Origins Pick Up: http://store.arcanewonders.com/product.php?productid=17693&cat=254&page=1

Pre-Order for direct shipment upon release: http://store.arcanewonders.com/product.php?productid=17695&cat=254&page=1
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Icarus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-Orders for Battlegrounds are online beginning today!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 05:57:18 PM »
Pretty exciting!

How large are the tiles? Similar size to the zones in the standard Arena board?

Waylorn

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:49:02 PM »
I am not sure how I feel about this expansion but I put it on preorder. We will see.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 01:52:13 AM »
Looks gorgeous. Can't wait to get my hands on that.

I have one question regarding the two promos. What does it mean: the first printing includes the two promos. Does that mean the two promos are inside the box? Does that mean i just have to make sure to buy one of the first printing boxes to get the two promos? Even when i am not in the US?

Another question. When is domination planned to be available in Europe? Also in july or later?

Thanks for answering in advance.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 07:03:56 AM »
I am not sure how I feel about this expansion but I put it on preorder. We will see.

I know exactly how I feel about this expansion (excited for the variety in gameplay) but I'll wait for it to arrive at my FLGS - at which point I will immediately purchase a copy. In my experience, shipping outside the USA generally makes preorders prohibitively expensive and it might even arrive after its available retail.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 08:17:08 AM »
I have one question regarding the two promos. What does it mean: the first printing includes the two promos. Does that mean the two promos are inside the box? Does that mean i just have to make sure to buy one of the first printing boxes to get the two promos? Even when i am not in the US?

The Ankh of Asyra and Blur will be in the box. And yes, you just have to buy a Battlegrounds: Domination from this first print. And yes, this should be true regardless of if you live in the USA or not. I hope this helps!

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 09:57:12 AM »
Great, that is exactly what i wanted to hear. :D Thanks for the reply.

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 10:37:21 AM »
Pretty exciting!

Yes, they are 8 x 8.
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 10:54:17 AM »
Pretty exciting!

Yes, they are 8 x 8.

I'll assume that mages of Etheria use the archaic units of inches...  :P

Has anyone measured the king's foot lately? LOL.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 02:02:07 PM »

Pretty exciting!

Yes, they are 8 x 8.

I'll assume that mages of Etheria use the archaic units of inches...  :P

Has anyone measured the king's foot lately? LOL.

Archaic? We still use inches in the states. They're totally modern, I swear! :P
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 02:08:00 PM »
Only 116 new cards?  That's it?  By the time this set comes out, Mage Wars will not have had a new release in about a year that wasn't an accessory, promo, or reprint.  The product release for this game is glacial, which in my opinion is leading to a very stagnant environment.  I personally haven't played in like a year, but I walked by several games at Gen Con last year and was very disappointed to see the same plays being made and the same spells being used that have been around forever (e.g. Force Push through Wall of Thorns, Hurl Boulder, blah blah etc). 

116 cards with only some of them being spells, means almost no content that will change the spell book design up much.  So this is basically just an alternate rule set with some tiles and a handful of cards thrown in that are all probably designed around these orbs. 

While I commend the new variant on play, the ridiculously slow release of product for this game is killing it for me.  I mean, there are still a large number of promos that have been out for well over a YEAR with no sign of when they'll actually appear in a full release.  Not to mention the fact that the game has been out for 2 and 1/2 years and we still don't have Frost spells...Thank god we have that Bearskin armor though!  So dumb...

I think this game is slowing dying, which is a shame because it could have been great.  When it's gone, I hope they realize that the snails pace of releases and "samey" spell books were the root cause.  Not that it will matter at that point

Sorry for the rant, I just really loved this game when it first came out, but the lack of evolution in gameplay and trickle of product has killed it for me.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 02:29:18 PM »
Holy cats! 116 new cards.  That's awesome.  When this set comes out, Mage Wars will have a new release that isn't an accessory, promo, or reprint.  The product release for this game is a refreshing pace compared to most CCGs and LCGs, which in my opinion are at such a whirlwind pace that I can neither justify the time nor financial commitment to keep up with them.  I personally can't afford to play much more than biweekly, but it's refreshing to see the same plays are viable that have been around forever (e.g. Force Push through Wall of Thorns, Hurl Boulder, blah blah etc) suggesting there hasn't been too much power creep over the years. 

116 cards with many of them being new spells, means this should really change up spell book design.  This is more than just an alternate rule set with some tiles and a handful of cards thrown in.

While I commend the new variant on play, the refreshingly reasonable release of product for this game is great for players like me (e.g. 30+ with young families, mortgage payments, etc).  I mean, there are still a large number of promos that have been out for well over a YEAR that you could go crazy trying to collect, but I'm happy that they aren't needed to play and will be released in sets eventually.  One of the only weird things is we still don't have Frost spells... but you can clearly see Frost damage symbols on some of the Battlegrounds: Domination tiles, so we'll finally have a use for things like that Bearskin armor though!  So awesome...

I think this game is slowing picking up pace, which is great because it's finally getting more popular in my area.  With this and the Academy expansion / play mode, I hope the game will finally get the recognition it deserves. 

Sorry for the rant, I just really love this game, and the evolution in gameplay and new product and play modes has me really excited!

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »
Holy cats! 116 new cards.  That's awesome.  When this set comes out, Mage Wars will have a new release that isn't an accessory, promo, or reprint.  The product release for this game is a refreshing pace compared to most CCGs and LCGs, which in my opinion are at such a whirlwind pace that I can neither justify the time nor financial commitment to keep up with them.  I personally can't afford to play much more than biweekly, but it's refreshing to see the same plays are viable that have been around forever (e.g. Force Push through Wall of Thorns, Hurl Boulder, blah blah etc) suggesting there hasn't been too much power creep over the years. 

116 cards with many of them being new spells, means this should really change up spell book design.  This is more than just an alternate rule set with some tiles and a handful of cards thrown in.

While I commend the new variant on play, the refreshingly reasonable release of product for this game is great for players like me (e.g. 30+ with young families, mortgage payments, etc).  I mean, there are still a large number of promos that have been out for well over a YEAR that you could go crazy trying to collect, but I'm happy that they aren't needed to play and will be released in sets eventually.  One of the only weird things is we still don't have Frost spells... but you can clearly see Frost damage symbols on some of the Battlegrounds: Domination tiles, so we'll finally have a use for things like that Bearskin armor though!  So awesome...

I think this game is slowing picking up pace, which is great because it's finally getting more popular in my area.  With this and the Academy expansion / play mode, I hope the game will finally get the recognition it deserves. 

Sorry for the rant, I just really love this game, and the evolution in gameplay and new product and play modes has me really excited!

It's posts like this that are helping chase people away.  I have a legitimate complaint that I shared in hopes someone will listen and, sure as sunrise, a rabid fanboy pounces from the shadows to silence any and all critique of his pet game.

If you think the release schedule for this game is "refreshing", good for you, but it's not good for the game.  You putting yourself ahead of the game though is touching.  As long as it's good for you, who cares if it kills the game eh?  And honestly, if one product release in a year is what's right for your pocket book...you may want to consider a new job.

And the game is NOT "picking up pace", as evidenced by the poor turn out at Origins and Gen Con last year.  These things are telling, even for those with their heads in the sand shouting "all is well" into the darkness.

But thanks for stepping in to be snarky.  Just puts yet another bad taste in my mouth for this game.  If your goal was to help chase people away, congrats.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 02:43:03 PM »
And by the way, it's 116 new cards, not 116 unique spells.  It's probably less than 30 unique new cards when you account for the multiple copies of each card...not exactly a horde of new options after a year of nothing new...except for promos which as you said aren't worth going "crazy for".

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 02:45:05 PM »

It's posts like this that are helping chase people away.  I have a legitimate complaint that I shared in hopes someone will listen and, sure as sunrise, a rabid fanboy pounces from the shadows to silence any and all critique of his pet game.

If you think the release schedule for this game is "refreshing", good for you, but it's not good for the game.  You putting yourself ahead of the game though is touching.  As long as it's good for you, who cares if it kills the game eh?  And honestly, if one product release in a year is what's right for your pocket book...you may want to consider a new job.

And the game is NOT "picking up pace", as evidenced by the poor turn out at Origins and Gen Con last year.  These things are telling, even for those with their heads in the sand shouting "all is well" into the darkness.

But thanks for stepping in to be snarky.  Just puts yet another bad taste in my mouth for this game.  If your goal was to help chase people away, congrats.

I agree with iNano.  I also fail to see where he was being snarky.