May 27, 2024, 07:06:06 AM

Author Topic: Archmage Expansion  (Read 16951 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Archmage Expansion
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
Yes, Bryan was talking about the "Sorcerer". The Sorcerer is a ways off yet, but it's a mage who's flavor I'm really looking forward to. Summoning elemental creatures, possibly Jinn has me all kinds of excited. However, gotta stick to the present  ;).

Djinns... Nice :)

Indeed, though my personal goal is to have a mage that summons terracotta soldiers. But that's even farther off.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 12:48:56 PM »
But if someone played the [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC03]Bloodcrag Minotaur[/mwcard] against your Terracotta Army you would figuratively have a bull in a China Shop
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 02:13:54 PM »
But if someone played the [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC03]Bloodcrag Minotaur[/mwcard] against your Terracotta Army you would figuratively have a bull in a China Shop
I think it would be literally not figuratively.......
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 04:17:48 PM »

Well... there would be no shop ;)

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 04:58:37 PM »

But a bull in a china shop doesn't usually knock anything over...
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 09:56:00 PM »
That mage sounds like a cross between a Sympath, a warlord and a Necromancer. Not sure if it would even work.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 08:08:01 AM »
Well, it is just something I would like to do, not something on our docket so to speak. We have plenty of Mages to get to first.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
I want a Dark Holy mage (Probably not ever going to happen)

or a Dark Nature mage.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 05:48:41 PM »
Dark/Nature could be fun, with a whole corrupt vegetation thing going on, and disease and decay all over the place.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 06:13:12 PM »
Dark/Nature could be fun, with a whole corrupt vegetation thing going on, and disease and decay all over the place.
Children of the Corn, Scarecrows and Pumpkinhead!!!!

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 10:46:01 PM »

That gives me an idea for a great April Fools mage: the lawyer.  He murders all of his foes.... financially. 

*enemy mage summons a Bloodcrag Minotaur*  "Not so fast!"  *Lawyer activates the Custody Battle card*  The Minotaur is banished for 18 turns! 

*enemy mage casts Barracks*  "I don't think so!"  *Lawyer casts Eviction Notice*  Barracks is re-acquired by the bank! 

The Lawyer: so overpowered that he can fight up to 4 Archmages simultaneously.  Get yours on March 28, 2015! 

Fungus Mage?  Please yes.  I want to build a mushroom fortress (defended by mushroom people, of course). 

ozmo

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »
Yes, Bryan was talking about the "Sorcerer". The Sorcerer is a ways off yet, but it's a mage who's flavor I'm really looking forward to. Summoning elemental creatures, possibly Jinn has me all kinds of excited. However, gotta stick to the present  ;).

Djinns... Nice :)

Indeed, though my personal goal is to have a mage that summons terracotta soldiers. But that's even farther off.

That sounds cool. You can get to that right after I get my Sharktopus. :D

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Archmage Expansion
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 05:01:31 PM »

That gives me an idea for a great April Fools mage: the lawyer.  He murders all of his foes.... financially. 

*enemy mage summons a Bloodcrag Minotaur*  "Not so fast!"  *Lawyer activates the Custody Battle card*  The Minotaur is banished for 18 turns! 

*enemy mage casts Barracks*  "I don't think so!"  *Lawyer casts Eviction Notice*  Barracks is re-acquired by the bank! 

The Lawyer: so overpowered that he can fight up to 4 Archmages simultaneously.  Get yours on March 28, 2015! 

Fungus Mage?  Please yes.  I want to build a mushroom fortress (defended by mushroom people, of course).

I'm not sure how they'd differentiate between Necromancer poison/disease and fungal disease. Maybe the Necro spreads diseases by virus while this other mage spreads diseases through living fungal parasites?

Also there is already a thread on the subject of joke expansions:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13081
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 05:03:48 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »
I don't think of Dark/Nature as a joke and was just cheeckly throwing in some common tropes though....

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »
I'm not sure how they'd differentiate between Necromancer poison/disease and fungal disease. Maybe the Necro spreads diseases by virus while this other mage spreads diseases through living fungal parasites?
Well, maybe instead of the diseases directly hurting enemy creatures, fungal diseases allow the D/N mage to summon more troops (for every point of damage the enemy creature takes, 1 very small friendly creature is spawned in that zone), change the terrain (if a creature dies, it turns the zone into a mushroom forest or something), or buff friendly units (every fungal creature that attacks the cursed enemy heals based on damage done).  A Dark/Nature mage wouldn't even necessarily have to specialize in diseases, and could focus on something else entirely. 

You don't understand.... I just really want Mushroom People in Mage Wars.  I don't care how or why.  I want them almost as badly as I want people riding giant seahorses and a sharktopus (as mentioned by Ozmo).  [Include them in PvS, devs!  You know you want to!!!]  Don't ruin my dreams :'( !  It would be nice to see Mage Wars occasionally embracing some more humorous or unusual concepts. 

Also there is already a thread on the subject of joke expansions:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13081
And the lawyer idea was listed in the very first post too.  I guess I need to become more creative...