May 10, 2024, 01:09:10 AM

Author Topic: creatures with natural teleport  (Read 2399 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
creatures with natural teleport
« on: December 04, 2015, 09:37:27 PM »
I'm curious to the benefits of a creatures built in teleport for 1 mana per move? I have become overly fond of grey wraith but don't know how to utilize the mana teleport.  I understand teleporting out of tangle vine and such but what about for an incoporeal since it can't be contained and that doesn't apply? 

Say wraith is in zone a, enemy creatures in b, and zone c is empty.  I want to get wraith to zone c from a. Can a grey wraith (mage) pay 2 mana to go to zone c to avoid being hindered?

How is this teleport to be utilized?
Thanks
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
Re: creatures with natural teleport
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 12:00:30 AM »
From the codex:

Teleport
"Teleporting is an effect that moves a creature directly from one zone to another. The Teleported creature bypasses all zones in between its starting and ending zone, thus bypassing walls and other objects along the way. It cannot be hindered by enemy creatures when Teleporting. Everything that is attached to the Teleported creature, except conjurations, including all conditions, damage, enchantments, equipment, and mana, always moves with the Teleported creature to its new zone. Any attached conjurations do not move with the creature when it Teleports, and are destroyed. In this way, a creature can effectively escape from conjurations like Tanglevine. A creature may Teleport into the same zone it started in (effectively Teleporting zero zones) to escape from attached conjurations. "

To answer your question, yes a wraith can use both of his move actions to do his teleport twice. He could  teleport and then move out of the zone, into zone c, since the teleport action prevents him from being hindered as per the ability (It is not hindered when it enters the zone with an enemy creature).

The other big thing with teleport movement like Blue Gremlin, Grey Wraith, and Divine Intervention is that they do not require LOS to the zone they are teleporting to since it is part of the move action and move actions do not require LoS (You can move into a zone that LoS is being blocked by a [mwcard=MW1W01]Fog Bank[/mwcard] for example.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 12:02:05 AM by Kharhaz »

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 12:15:56 AM »
Awesome.  Thanks!

If I read that correctly they can teleport through walls to get to the next zone?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 01:21:53 AM »
Yes. They can teleport to a walled "prisoner" and make his life miserable... and short :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 08:53:13 AM »
Or through the wall to get at the archer on the tower behind the wall.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess