May 08, 2024, 02:47:47 PM

Author Topic: Poison Gas Cloud  (Read 3884 times)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Poison Gas Cloud
« on: September 27, 2012, 06:59:24 PM »
Do multiple Poison Gas Clouds in the same zone stack?  I assume they would, but just checking.  

Also, does anyone have experience with these?  It seems like they would be very easy to destroy with their low life since Ethereal attacks are very easy to come by.  I'm not sure they are worth it at 8 mana, but I'll have to see them in play to know for sure.

Sharp

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Poison Gas Cloud
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 07:30:33 PM »
From the Conjurations section of the rulebook (p.20):

A zone may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »
The trick is not to have a bunch of gas in one spot but to place them strategically. I then add things like tangle vine and force hold to keep them in the gas. Malcoda, Ghoul rot and Idol of pestilence for extra DoT (Damage Over Time) effects. It was a build I have worked on for a while and I got some new tools for it out of the next set. :whistle:

One of the core rules about Mage Wars is no object can ever have two of the same card attached to it. This would include zones. In saying that if you had 2 card with similar effects but different names they could both be in the same zone  :evil: (this applies to non-zone exclusive cards).
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  Yeah, I had forgotten about the "one per zone" rule, but remember it now that it has been brought up.  

@Shadow, have you had problems with your opponent destroying your Poison Gas Cloud quickly?  With the ability to take whatever you need on any given turn it seems like grabbing any Ethereal spell would kill this almost instantly due to its low life.  Even the Wizard's innate ranged strike could probably kill it in one shot.  It seems to me like the most you would probably get out of the spell is a single turn of damage (maybe two) before it got taken out.

As I said, I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it just wouldn't last long before it gets taken out.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:23:05 AM »
This was from another thread.

Quote from: "Shad0w" post=920
Quote from: "Striker" post=872
I have only played 2 whole games so far so am working with more theory and ideas than experience so far so I'd like to get some oinions. I was thinking about doing a warlock deck with a lot of ghoul rot, the slow curse, finite life curse, the curse that does 1 point of damage per move. Also many decoys for before the curses are revealed. Also the incantation that lets me move enchants around.

I was thinking these things along with walls and force push could be pretty effective in basically pinning my opponent 2+ squares away from me taking damage each upkeep and every time he moves along with slowing him down substantially.

So my question is has anyone tried this before and if so what flaws and issues have you run into?

Shad0w Wrote
Klaxas and I talked about a similar tactic that uses Idol of Pestilence, Poison Gas Cloud, Chains of Agony, Tangle Vine, Force Hold, Wall of stone, Ghoul Rot, and Teleport you lock the creatures in place and keep the Damage over Time eating away at creatures. To slow down your Damage use unicorn, Regrowth Belt, Tree of life. I also added Malcoda and Skeleton Solider into my build.

Here was the reply
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=943
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=937
i have not done a pure warlock curse deck but i have been thinking on it.   i would definately consider adding the anti creature cards like mordoks oblesk and supression orb.maybe throw them down and protect them with some walls while you run around cursing opponents.  make sure you take down any fliers with maim wings to help your walls protect your oblesk.

@shadow.  yeah after playing you at gen con dan is rather obsessed with that deck of yours lol.  its quite annoying to play against, although teleport deals with the tanglevines.

Shad0w Wrote
That is why my build had 6 jinx, 6 nullify, and 4 reverse magic.  :whistle:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage