Mage Wars > Rules Discussion

Comprehensive Enchantment Transfusion Clarification

<< < (2/4) > >>

Zuberi:

--- Quote from: Schwenkgott on September 14, 2016, 05:49:05 AM ---Great overview. Finally we all can understand how this works :)

But one thing I am not so sure about:

--- Quote from: keejchen on September 13, 2016, 06:18:35 PM ---Furthermore, if you, after the first strike of a doublestrike, move any enchantments away with ET and then back to the same creature with another ET, then it may receive the bonuses again on the second attack.

--- End quote ---

This does not sound very realistic to me. A creature can only benefit from Cards like Bear Strength once per attack action. F.e. you can reveal the card for the first strike of an double strike attack or wait for the second strike. But receiving the bonus and then moving the card two times does not allow you to use the bonus once again in the same attack action.

--- End quote ---

This was answered >>>here<<<. I can definitely understand this being confusing though, so let me try and explain it in a bit more detail.

First, let's establish how Melee +X works. With Melee +X, you must apply the bonus to the first attack you can make with the bonus. That doesn't necessarily limit it to the very first attack of an attack action, just the first attack after having gained the bonus. For example, if you cast [mwcard=MW1I02]Battle Fury[/mwcard] on [mwcard=MW1C07]Cervere, The Forest Shadow[/mwcard], you could wait until after the first attack made by that creature and then reveal a Bear Strength to get Melee +2 on the second attack. Dealing 4 dice of damage with the first attack and 6 with the second.

Now, it is also important to note that you can receive multiple instances of Melee +X independent of one another. So, we're going to make our example a little more complicated. I cast Battle Fury on Cervere and then reveal Wolf Fury before making my first attack. Afterwards, I can still reveal Bear Strength for my second attack. Thus dealing 5 dice of damage on the first attack and 6 dice on the second.

The enchantment transfusion trick is similar to that second example. You can only use an instance of Melee +X once per attack action, that's true. However, moving the Bear Strength off and back on with Enchantment Transfusion creates a new time stamp and counts as getting an entirely new instance of Melee +X, the same as if you had gotten an entirely different enchantment that gave Melee +X.

I hope that helps to make it make sense.

Donovan:
Great summary. Now I'm really worried about ET...  ;D

It should have the trick trait...  8)

ringkichard:
Solid work!
I predict Banana.

Kelanen:

--- Quote from: keejchen on September 13, 2016, 06:18:35 PM ---[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] (ET)

* Line of sight (LOS) from the Mage to the creatures in question is not required. There must be LOS from the creature with ET to the creature who will receive the enchantment(s) however.
--- End quote ---

I think that you could more explicitly state that point that this is referring to the reveal part of ET, not the casting part.

keejchen:
My first Banana then.  :D

Also, well spotted Kelanen, I changed the wording on that point. Do you think its clearer like this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version