May 16, 2024, 06:58:10 AM

Author Topic: Piece packs  (Read 3228 times)

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Piece packs
« on: October 25, 2012, 08:00:36 PM »
I know that there are going to be two mage expansions, as well as tomes that will give us more spells.
But what I would like to see are packs that include the missing tokens from the main game, yes I can use other things, but it would be nice to have some good looking tokens.  I read in another thread that someone suggested different gender art for the mages, which could be included as well.
The only other thing I can think of right now would be other colors than red and blue, so that we could more easily play with up to four players at once.
What do other people think?

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Piece packs
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
i for one second the vote for an alternate gender for each mage, as well as official tokens for various effects.

i heard somewhere they might give the difference gender mages different abilities but if they do this i would like to make a suggestion.  leave the title on the card "beastmaster" for examaple.  that way you could use either gender abilities, with either gender card.  lets say you want the male beastmaster but the abilitities that came with the female beastmaster.  you could do that as the picture card still says beastmaster.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Some_call_me_Tim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
I'd like to see them put out a pack of damage dice just to have extra.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
Klaxas wrote:
i for one second the vote for an alternate gender for each mage, as well as official tokens for various effects.

i heard somewhere they might give the difference gender mages different abilities but if they do this i would like to make a suggestion. leave the title on the card "beastmaster" for examaple. that way you could use either gender abilities, with either gender card. lets say you want the male beastmaster but the abilitities that came with the female beastmaster. you could do that as the picture card still says beastmaster.

I would prefer that they don't have different abilities, but if they did it would be nice if they were named the same, although a male "Priestess" might be... um... interesting.

I don't know that I would pay extra for more dice though, especially since I haven't yet needed to use more than the nine it comes with in a single roll.  But having extra for each person to have enough next to them to roll might be nice, but it wouldn't speed the game up that much imo.

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 02:31:32 PM »
It probably wouldn't be cost-effective to produce extra dice to sell as singles or in packs of any number. Dice aren't cheap to produce, and getting the cost down to a reasonable number would mean an enormous expenditure for a product that isn't really needed (you can always just re-roll the dice that missed in a strike, for example, if you needed more than 9 dice in your roll), and so probably wouldn't be purchased. It's a balancing act of numbers. To get the cost to produce the dice low enough that the price-point at point of sale would be appealing enough to the masses the production number would have to be exceedingly high, and thus initial cost to Arcane Wonders would be exceedingly high, and it's highly doubtful they would recoup the cost.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.