May 04, 2024, 06:24:21 PM

Author Topic: Total WARlock  (Read 9578 times)

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
Total WARlock
« on: February 28, 2017, 10:22:07 PM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Total Warlock[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Warlock Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWA04]2 x Hurl Boulder[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNA01]1 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]2 x Surging Wave[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLA01]2 x Firestream[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A06]2 x Flameblast[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1J04]1 x Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J12]1 x Mana Crystal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J08]1 x Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNW02]2 x Wall of Bones[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWAWLC07]1 x Mhegedden, Sealed Demon[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC04]1 x Grey Wraith[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC22]1 x Zombie Brute[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1C03]1 x Dark Pact Slayer[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1E08]1 x Death Link[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLE01]1 x Theft of Life[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E24]1 x Magebane[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E04]1 x Chains of Agony[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E09]1 x Agony[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLE03]1 x Demonic Link[/mwcard]
[mwcard=LG01E04]1 x Demonic Bloodlust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E14]1 x Enfeeble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE03]1 x Chant of Rage[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E27]1 x Marked for Death[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]1 x Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E31]1 x Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]1 x Brace Yourself[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE03]1 x Falcon Precision[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E32]1 x Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]1 x Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E29]1 x Nullify[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1Q09]1 x Enchanter's Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ01]1 x Sunfire Amulet[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q28]1 x Ring of Curses[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q18]1 x Mage Staff[/mwcard]
[mwcard=LG01Q06]1 x Vorpal Blade[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q08]1 x Elemental Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLQ03]1 x Demonhide Mask[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q11]1 x Gauntlets of Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q06]1 x Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ07]1 x Veteran's Belt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01Q04]1 x Leather Chausses[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q15]1 x Leather Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ01]1 x Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1I23]1 x Rouse the Beast[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLI05]1 x Unholy Blood Ritual[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAWLI03]1 x Siphon Life[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I08]1 x Drain Life[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI12]2 x Minor Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I20]1 x Purify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI11]2 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI03]2 x Lesser Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I12]1 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]1 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

r1 move one and cast mana crystal in starting zone, cast battleforge
r2 deploy enchanters ring, cast enchanters ring, enchant with nullify
r3 deploy sunfire amulet, cast mheggedden, enchant mheggeden with demonic link

Lately, I've been getting to r2 and have been needing to switch my r3

Take a look, it's in the book, Total WARlock.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Total WARlock
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 11:21:41 PM »
My initial observations:

14 sbp in just 4 holy cards. That feels like a lot to me. 5 on sunfire amulet alone. You only have two living creatures (3 if you count your mage)- is Hand of Bimshalla worth the cost? I don't know, maybe it is! I've never seen that particular card in any dark mage spellbook. Might wind up working great. Only 1 trick to prevent healing? I'd say add an additional Poison blood or maybe a Deathlock?

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:48:19 AM »
R2 you want to cast and deploy 2 enchanters rings. There is something wrong. What is your real idea here?

I like the idea to gi slaughtering with mhgeddon  at your side and use sunfire amulet to work against those -6 life. I have some thoughts for you:

Why is Zombie brute in the book? Yes he is tough, but doesn't fit as good as for example a blood demon.

Why mage staff instead of leash? It's the in school super weapon. Or maybe sectarus. That would help get curses on the enemy.

I'm not sold on enchanters ring. Maybe you don't have the time to enchant so much. What about serseryx as acition support? Or sectarus as mentioned.

Maybe switch a minor heal to vampirism. Healing without further action.

And i guess you need a second dragonscale. You only have one chest armor.

And a second poisoned blood would also help a lot.

Maybe arcane ward could help to secure the important enchantments

These are all things that would fit to my style of play and how I read the book. So maybe you have some different plans that I simply don't see.

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 05:57:01 AM »
I would Mhegedden, Sealed Demon turn 1 honestly for his low mana cost then crystal turn 2.  Unless that 1 mana is vital to your open.

I like the grey wraith he fill a very nice niche against mages without ethereal damage.

Your enchantments seem a bit to thin for my taste though.  Your wanting the game to be over very quick with this build it feels.  There is almost no duplication in the build.

Going to sound odd but Sleep seems like it would be a really good addition to this book.

Skeletal Knight over the Dark Pact Slayer?  You can heal and he has a dodge with 5 attack dice.

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 06:52:07 AM »
My initial observations:

14 sbp in just 4 holy cards. That feels like a lot to me. 5 on sunfire amulet alone. You only have two living creatures (3 if you count your mage)- is Hand of Bimshalla worth the cost? I don't know, maybe it is! I've never seen that particular card in any dark mage spellbook. Might wind up working great. Only 1 trick to prevent healing? I'd say add an additional Poison blood or maybe a Deathlock?

17 sbp for holy in this book.  I find that it's better to have to the tool you need than an in school alternative.  Hand of Bimshalla doesn't come out very often but is a very versatile card.  I have it in here to enhance the other passive healing spells in this book.  Deathlock would be a death wish in this book.  I would be stopping my own healing.  With dark pact and mheggeden, the warlock would lose 10 total life.  Putting a deathlock out would  put me at a pretty big disadvantage. I normally only need 1 poisoned blood which is cast towards the end of the match.

R2 you want to cast and deploy 2 enchanters rings. There is something wrong. What is your real idea here?

I like the idea to gi slaughtering with mhgeddon  at your side and use sunfire amulet to work against those -6 life. I have some thoughts for you:

Why is Zombie brute in the book? Yes he is tough, but doesn't fit as good as for example a blood demon.

Why mage staff instead of leash? It's the in school super weapon. Or maybe sectarus. That would help get curses on the enemy.

I'm not sold on enchanters ring. Maybe you don't have the time to enchant so much. What about serseryx as acition support? Or sectarus as mentioned.

Maybe switch a minor heal to vampirism. Healing without further action.

And i guess you need a second dragonscale. You only have one chest armor.

And a second poisoned blood would also help a lot.

Maybe arcane ward could help to secure the important enchantments

These are all things that would fit to my style of play and how I read the book. So maybe you have some different plans that I simply don't see.

The enchanters ring works as a cheap crystal.  It helps with the mana  economy to ensure I can cast the spell I need when I need it. I have 7 enchants that it can benefit from it. More if I go the enchantment transfusion rout.

Brute is an early body guard.  He's cheap but has staying power.  He also throws for 6 dice against living damaged creatures.  He's a boss in the dark school.

Mage staff is cheaper than the lash and does what I need it to do.  The etheral helps this book more than burns. Sbp are the same.

I find that having more than 1 action generator puts you over committed in your strategy.  I run the Battleforge and it's normally enough.

I don't like vampirism for its cost and the need to damage living creatures only.  Heal will make sure I remove the damage when I need to. 

A second dragonscale would be more useful if I didn't have other means for armor. 

As pointed out earlier, poisoned blood is only cast when I am finishing the game.  No need for a second.

None of the enchantments are super important.  I've tried to cram as many options as possible is this book. The idea is to give your opponent something different to deal with each time one is cast.

I would Mhegedden, Sealed Demon turn 1 honestly for his low mana cost then crystal turn 2.  Unless that 1 mana is vital to your open.

I like the grey wraith he fill a very nice niche against mages without ethereal damage.

Your enchantments seem a bit to thin for my taste though.  Your wanting the game to be over very quick with this build it feels.  There is almost no duplication in the build.

Going to sound odd but Sleep seems like it would be a really good addition to this book.

Skeletal Knight over the Dark Pact Slayer?  You can heal and he has a dodge with 5 attack dice.

If I start the way with sealed demon (sorry getting tired of going back to find out if I'm spelling mheggeden right) I'm unable to move.  I would have to play both sealed demon and the brute in my starting zone. I want to move at least one before I start casting creatures.

Grey wraith is awesome for all dark mages.

I don't want to double up on enchantments.  I would rather give the opponent something new to deal with. The idea is to try and throw them off their game.  This is definitely an over quick build.  Somewhere between round 8-10.  Sometimes round 7.

Sleep would be absolutely great.  Sadly I'm not sure what to remove for it.  I'm up for suggestions on how to get it in this book.

Dark pact simply works better for the warlock because of the blood reaper ability. 

I want to thank everyone who has commented so far.  My hope is that I was able to better explain the design choices I made. Most of my response are short, I apologize, but I wanted to respond before I headed to work.

It's a very solid book and has won many games.  Give it a swing if you're skeptical.  If you do, keep in mind that this book can continually build up.  You won't get stuck by not having a card to play.  There are always options.  Also, make sure you play something from you battleforge every round.  If the battleforge gets taken out, just play the more expensive pieces (not every round).

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 10:59:44 AM »
The book has several issues imho.

You claim this to be a "fast" book but your opening isn't fast at all and you seem to lean on "slow" cards like Hand of Bim Shalla, Sunfire Amulet, Minor Heal etc
As a general rule of thumb, with an aggressive book it's more important to deal a lot of damage quickly to your opponent, rather than heal yourself and your creatures.

Hand of Bimshalla doesn't come out very often but is a very versatile card.
If it "doesn't come out very often" it shouldn't be in the book at that sbp cost.
If you're paying triple sbp's for a card it should be a card you use every game.

Sunfire Amulet is really a waste of sbp's and mana imo.
It's a "long game" card and even then I would probably not touch it.
If your game is supposed to be short, you're not getting any real value out of it.
You'd do much better using in-school cards to reduce your damage every round. Dark excels at it.
Having a lot of life doesn't win the game, keeping the damage you take every round close to zero is much more essential.

Enchanter's Ring : same argument.
You have 7 enchantments to cast on yourself but the ring itself already costs 2 mana and 2 sbp's, so the max you'd get out of it if you play them all 7 before the game is over is 5 mana. Yes, you can cast curses on yourself as well and then Transfuse them but that takes actions and rounds and the aim is to win quickly ...

As pointed out earlier, poisoned blood is only cast when I am finishing the game.  No need for a second.
If you're only planning to play this at the end of the game you don't need it anymore.
You'd be better of playing a Flameblast instead.
Poisoned Bloods are excellent early & midgame cards to prevent passive healing and regenerating and to force your opponent to do something about it.
An early Poisoned Blood with an Arcane Ward on it can be a real headache ;)

Hurl Boulder :
You spend 8 sbp's on two copies of these and you completely bypass Fireball ?? ( which you can have at 2sbp's a piece )

Not a single Dissolve, Crumble or Critical Strike and just 1 Acid Ball and 1 Vorpal Blade.
That's a lot of pressure on the Elemental Wand.
Armor is going to be a problem.

This is definitely an over quick build.  Somewhere between round 8-10.  Sometimes round 7.
Now that is most unlikely

Using your opening

Mhegedden cannot be activated before round 6
At the start of R4 you're still without creature support, without armor and without weapons.
How do you win in R7 ?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 11:15:10 AM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 06:51:43 PM »
Well borg, I had a nice lengthy rebuttal for you, but apparently the webpage times out ... forcing me to log back in. 

You guessed it *poof* my reply is gone. I'm going to take a break and restart.

Does anyone know of a way to avoid this?

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 07:53:13 PM »
Set the forums to keep you always logged in. I had the same issue. You could also try and make use of the back button. Often your writing is often cached on the previous page
I love this game. Its awesome!

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 01:52:54 AM »
Does anyone know of a way to avoid this?

Had this happening to me as well multiple ( frustrating ) times.
Simple solution : copy your text before posting.
If you timed out, log back in a paste ;)

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 07:49:46 PM »
The book has several issues imho.

You claim this to be a "fast" book but your opening isn't fast at all and you seem to lean on "slow" cards like Hand of Bim Shalla, Sunfire Amulet, Minor Heal etc
As a general rule of thumb, with an aggressive book it's more important to deal a lot of damage quickly to your opponent, rather than heal yourself and your creatures.

Hand of Bimshalla doesn't come out very often but is a very versatile card.
If it "doesn't come out very often" it shouldn't be in the book at that sbp cost.
If you're paying triple sbp's for a card it should be a card you use every game.

Sunfire Amulet is really a waste of sbp's and mana imo.
It's a "long game" card and even then I would probably not touch it.
If your game is supposed to be short, you're not getting any real value out of it.
You'd do much better using in-school cards to reduce your damage every round. Dark excels at it.
Having a lot of life doesn't win the game, keeping the damage you take every round close to zero is much more essential.

Enchanter's Ring : same argument.
You have 7 enchantments to cast on yourself but the ring itself already costs 2 mana and 2 sbp's, so the max you'd get out of it if you play them all 7 before the game is over is 5 mana. Yes, you can cast curses on yourself as well and then Transfuse them but that takes actions and rounds and the aim is to win quickly ...

If you're only planning to play this at the end of the game you don't need it anymore.
You'd be better of playing a Flameblast instead.
Poisoned Bloods are excellent early & midgame cards to prevent passive healing and regenerating and to force your opponent to do something about it.
An early Poisoned Blood with an Arcane Ward on it can be a real headache ;)

Hurl Boulder :
You spend 8 sbp's on two copies of these and you completely bypass Fireball ?? ( which you can have at 2sbp's a piece )

Not a single Dissolve, Crumble or Critical Strike and just 1 Acid Ball and 1 Vorpal Blade.
That's a lot of pressure on the Elemental Wand.
Armor is going to be a problem.

This is definitely an over quick build.  Somewhere between round 8-10.  Sometimes round 7.
Now that is most unlikely

Using your opening

Mhegedden cannot be activated before round 6
At the start of R4 you're still without creature support, without armor and without weapons.
How do you win in R7 ?

Well ok, round 2.

We'll there's a lot here to cover, and your criticisms are valid. I'll do my best to quell some of your concerns.  First, I would like to point out, this book is tested, and the following uses come from actually games.  So, not a lot of theory crafting going on.

Before I dive in, I want to start with a question:

How many cards do you play in an average match?

More than likely, not your entire book.  Probably closer to a third of your cards.

The way that I constructed this book has a few principles based after the above question. 

1) I don't need a large spell book to win matches
2) If I don't need a large spell book, that gives me more room for out of school spells.
3) The out school spells must be absolutely needed for the build to succeed against all opponents

I wanted to build this book to have the best answer for the common problems that I ran into.  I also wanted it to be a heavy hitter and fast.  Which it is (and I'll get to it down below). But for now, I want to try to explain why I chose the cards in questions.

HoB is a versatile card that does everything that I want my build to do. This build wants all three of the options that HoB provides. Passive healing, extra armor, extra dice.  For 3 sbp's, it's not book breaking.  It doesn't always need to be played, but I'm glad I have it.  That's 5 mana that can go a long way.

The sunfire amulet is there to slow down the life loss hemorrhaging.  I play both sealed demon and dark pact and it's a total 10 life lose.  The amulet is there to help with this weakness.  I hear ya, I don't like the sbp cost either. It's an expensive piece, but at least I can cast it from my battleforge. It has it's pros and cons. But in the end it works.

Enchanters ring is there to help me conserve mana. This book plays both enchanters ring and ring of curses. Both give me a reduction in mana cost on almost all of my enchantments (chant of rage). Both can be cast from the battleforge for a reduction. Not having to use my actions to get discounts on my enchantments is pretty nice.  I have two cards specifically that benefit from this two ring strategy.  Demonic link and and demonic bloodlust. link I get for 2 mana, and lust for 3. Both are great cards and get played most games.

I don't play poisoned blood early because it's to easily dealt with then.  I'd rather give my opponent a few problems to deal with before casting it.  Make it a harder choice for them on what to do. I use it as a nail.

2 hurl boulders, yeah, I'm sorry.  I have an irrational fear that I'm going to be one die short of winning a match.  Again, I'm very sorry.

Going up against high armor hasn't really been an issue. Rust, acid ball, vorpal blade and dark pact with bloodlust (8 dice piecing 3) seem to be enough.  I do wish I had a critical strike. It was previously in this book, and I'm open to suggestions on how to get it back in. I currently have 17 enchantments.  That feels like the right number for what this book attempts to accomplish. I should point out that it's also the section that gets the most revisions.

Ok, I'm sorry again.  This time for my rounds 1, 2,and 3 explanation. It was suppose to go like this:

r2 deploy enchanters ring, cast ZOMBIE BRUTE, enchant mage with nullify

So I do have at least some creature by turn 3.  I'm sorry for the confusion and I understand why that would be a major flaw.Brute makes for a great early guard for while you wait for sealed demon.
You're right that I won't be able to use sealed demon until turn six.  That's OK! Turn six is also when I cast and rouse dark pact. So by turn six I have 18 active dice against living damaged creatures. Not too shabby.  By the start of turn 7, it could be 30 dice if my mage joins in and boulders.  This is my ideal situation, but it doesn't always happen.  Against a rushing or aggressive mage, this plan doesn't work. I normally go brute and dark pact against the rush and let the battleforge armor me up.

I hope this better explains the choices that I made for this design.  A small book that packs a lot of punch. Thanks to all those that made it this far.

cntrl c, cntrl v saved this post.  Thanks for the tip
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:03:23 PM by rant »

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 06:25:56 AM »
1) I don't need a large spell book to win matches
2) If I don't need a large spell book, that gives me more room for out of school spells.
3) The out school spells must be absolutely needed for the build to succeed against all opponents

I understand the approach you're taking here. When building Forcemaster books for example you regularly have to go for expensive out of school options as well to fill certain needs.

And I agree you don't need an entire book to win a game ... but ... that approach also assumes you can play your strategy "as intended". What if your opponent played a Deathlock right after you played Mhegedden, for example ? Suddenly HoBS, Sunfire Amulet and Minor Heal are expensive dead cards as long as you haven't removed Deathlock. By the time you manage to do that, the Amulet may not be worth playing anymore ...

So, my main issue is that by "wasting" so many sbp's on triple cost out-of-school spells you severely limit your remaining sbp pool to provide yourself with "answers" to deal with certain situations.

In my experience, I always have to make tough cuts to get a book to 120 sbp's.
When you go for so many triple cost cards it is inevitable that you're going to have weaknesses or problem situations which are uncovered.

But bottomline : if it works for you, that's all that matters ;)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 07:50:30 PM »
Vet belt doesn't seem justified here are you have 4 armor with no multiples. 1 dissolve and you are very low.
Brace is nice, but it goes away.
The Phoenix shall rise.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2017, 05:50:11 AM »
Enchanters ring only works when casting a spell on a friendly creature. It seems only about 5 of your enchantments would qualify for the discount unless I am missing something.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2017, 07:11:00 AM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Total WARlock[/spellbookname]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC02]1 x Blood Demon[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNE02]1 x Rise Again[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E01]1 x Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E36]1 x Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q23]1 x Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I15]1 x Knockdown[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI05]1 x Ignite[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI03]1 x Lesser Teleport[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[/spellbook]

Here is an update to this book.  It feels much more lean and mean to play.

Vet belt doesn't seem justified here are you have 4 armor with no multiples. 1 dissolve and you are very low.

Vet belt and regrowth were dropped for regrowth belt.  It works well for the warlock having regen as a deployable.

Enchanters ring only works when casting a spell on a friendly creature. It seems only about 5 of your enchantments would qualify for the discount unless I am missing something.

I did have 7 but now at 6.  I think you were missing demonic link and demonic bloodlust.  Those 6 enchantments I have now get played almost every game.

Also, I dropped sealed demon because I felt it left me unnecessarily vulnerable waiting for him to become ready.  Added Blood demon to assist with flyers instead.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 07:17:54 AM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Total WARlock[/spellbookname]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[mwcard=DNA01]2 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFC02]1 x Blood Demon[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNE02]1 x Rise Again[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E01]1 x Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E36]1 x Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q23]1 x Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I15]1 x Knockdown[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI05]1 x Ignite[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI03]1 x Lesser Teleport[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[/spellbook]

Here is an update to this book.  It feels much more lean and mean to play.

Vet belt and regrowth were dropped for regrowth belt.  It works well for the warlock having regen as a deployable.

I did have 7 but now at 6.  I think you were missing demonic link and demonic bloodlust.  Those 6 enchantments I have now get played almost every game.

Also, I dropped sealed demon because I felt it left me unnecessarily vulnerable waiting for him to become ready.  Added Blood demon to assist with flyers instead.
It looks solid!
I'm still not sold on the boulders over fireballs though.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:27:23 AM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.