May 19, 2024, 03:22:30 PM

Author Topic: Sacrificial Altar bonus + Multiple strikes (Battle Fury)  (Read 4191 times)

juli

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Sacrificial Altar bonus + Multiple strikes (Battle Fury)
« on: May 16, 2014, 05:52:50 AM »
Hello fellow Mages,

today i seek your help concerning  a topic im unclear about how it works.

[mwcard=MW1J20]Sacrificial Altar[/mwcard] + [mwcard=MW1I02]Battle Fury[/mwcard]

I know there was a thread about the Altar quite some time ago. (http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=9405.0)
As piousflea states there, he really liked to sacrifice his buddy Adramelech combined with a battle fury. In his example he just adds the bonus 2 times.
Now things have changed because everybody knows, battlefury got errata'd. So i would apply the +6 melee for lord of fire only to the first attack.
But the piercing is still available for the second attack right? The sacrificial Altar directly says "gives the Piercing+X to a friendly creature untli the end of the round .

Im pretty sure about this too, since in a very new thread there was talked about the Anvil Throne Warlord's Battle Orders Ability (the one with piercing) and Ludwig Boltstorms Triplestrike attack.

Actually, it's worth noting that Piercing +X doesn't have the same limitations as Melee +X and Ranged +X.  So, would the Piercing +2 apply to each damage roll he makes, then?  (I was going to just say it would, but then I realized it isn't quite so crystal clear...)
piercing applies to all attacks, but ranged +x does not

The tricky part for me starts when i would sacrifice a say level 2 Creature (Venomous Zombie for example)
and want to buff my Darkfenne hydra to use its triplestrike attack, would i then roll
1. 3x (3+2 dice with +2 pierce)
2. 5 dice +2 pierce + 2x (3 dice)
3. 5 dice +2 pierce + 2x (3 dice +2pierce)

The problem i have concerning the altar is the "until the end of the round" trait.

Thanks in advance
Juli

EDIT: Corrected typo in headline
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 08:10:13 AM by julid-.-b »

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Sacrificial Altar bonus + Multiple strikes (Battle Fury)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:19:47 AM »
Option 3.

The until the end of the round means if for some reason someone would be fool enough to attack your hydra, its quick attack with counterstrike would also benefit from it. It would get +2 dice (because it would be a new attack sequence) and piercing +2
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:22:35 AM by Wildhorn »

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 02:37:08 PM »
This is slightly off topic, but what happens if you put battle fury on a hydra? 2 x triple strike?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 02:46:28 PM »
This is slightly off topic, but what happens if you put battle fury on a hydra? 2 x triple strike?
[mwcard=MW1C09]Darkfenne Hydra[/mwcard] that is its Full Attack...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 06:15:50 PM »
offtopic thing. hydra would do one of its attacks(triplestrike or the 4 dice one) then do its 4 dice attack, since battle fury needs the last attack to be a quick attack
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »
Yeah soz, should have checked the wording.

offtopic thing. hydra would do one of its attacks(triplestrike or the 4 dice one) then do its 4 dice attack, since battle fury needs the last attack to be a quick attack

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:40:17 PM »
Yeah soz, should have checked the wording.

That is still 13 Dice of Attacks with 8 Piercing.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 10:49:09 PM »
also note that counterstrikes benefit from melee +x and piercing +x, so every hydras counterstrike would be 10 dice at piercing+6 if you sacrifice a firelord...and all the bloodthirsty creatures in the zone might have to attack it.

Also, you can give the buff to your mage, use the Defend incantation(not on your mage), or use retaliate enchantment to benefit from the buffed counterstrike.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid