Mage Wars > Rules Discussion

Casting Spells with the lightning bolt icon

(1/2) > >>

GD360:
I just wanted to clarify something regarding casting "quick spells" or spells noted with the lightning bolt icon.  Can a Mage cast two spells with the lightning bolt icon in one turn?   When we were playing it, we only would cast one spell with a lightning bolt and one spell with the hour glass. After watching the video, it showed the Beast Master casting a minor heal and a dispel all in one turn. Can a mod  please clarify this for me. After reading the rulebook, it was not so clear that this can be done.

Thanks!
G

Sparkytbg:
Your mage is able to cast two quick action spells in one turn.  
For his full action it does say in the rules. "The move action is optional.  You can choose not to move
and still take a quick action."  Or your mage could move one space and cast a quick action spell thus using his full action.

I hope that is helpful.

Klaxas:
to elaborate on what sparky said.

your quickcast marker can only be used to cast a quick spell (not any other quick action, just a quick spell)

your action marker, lets you do anything that a creature can do with thier action marker.which is

1) do a full round (hourglass)  action.  including casting a full round spell, or a full round attack granted by your card or equipment, or some other card in play (ie opening the gate to hell)

OR

2) Move, and do a quick (lightning bolt) action.  including but not limited to casting a quick spell, a quick attack granted by your card or equipment, or some other card in play, or you could guard.

since the move part of number 2 is optional you can stay where you are and cast 2 quick spells (one using your quickcast action and one using your normal full action.)

note you can not cast a spell instead of moving, and therefore get 2 quick spells with just your full action marker.  movement has to be your first action.  and if you choose to cast a quick spell you cannot move after either.

hope that clears things up, i probibly over explained it but oh well hope i didnt confuse you more.

Shad0w:
Klax thanks for responding to this I was asleep before you even saw this. That is the down side for working at 7am.

Klaxas:
not a problem glad to help

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version