May 15, 2024, 06:33:52 AM

Author Topic: Stonethrower - Anvil Throne Warlord  (Read 6978 times)

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Stonethrower - Anvil Throne Warlord
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 04:23:01 PM »
Knockdown this is excellent for breaking guards and defense based creatures.

There's Surging Wave and Tanglevine already to handle Guard-Interceptor type creatures.

Swap 1 Dispel for Nullify

Could you elaborate on this one ?
I see far more upside in a Dispel than a Nullify for this book.

Grimson for the Crossbowman your battle order is Piercing +2 need one more sbp for Grimson though.

The main role of the Crossbowman is to finish creatures with a few hitpoints left or to soften up targets for the Warlord.
He can also plink a Wizard and trigger his Voltaric Shield for example ...

The fact that he has Piercing+2 makes him ideal for his role as he can do an average 3 dmg most of the time.

At 11 mana he's affordable.

Grimson is less suited for this role imo because he's more expensive, he doesn't have Piercing and my QC is far too valuable to waste on a Battle Order.

Another minus for Grimson is that he wears a Bull's Eye.
If he shows his face, he's going to get focused on and he's not that hard to take down really.
The Crossbowman is a creature that is seen less as a threat and has more survival chances in my experience.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:27:07 PM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2016, 04:28:51 AM »
Warlord, I think is a mage that could benefit from having two Remove Curse in his book.
It's cheaper than a Dispel/Disperse sbp-wise and can be more effective.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2016, 05:34:16 PM »
The lack of mobility concerns me. No Tanglevine or Force Hold to pin your opponent, no "get out of Tanglevine free" card (aka Teleport), no way to limit your own movement (e.g. Eagleclaw Boots or Tanglevine) and few ways to control movement (e.g. 1x Force Push) makes me a little queezy. Similarly, in my uber-aggro "rush" books, I often try to squeeze in a Cheetah Speed and/or Enfeeble and/or Mongoose Agility to ensure I can keep up with my opponent. Other than that, I like the level of aggression that this book suggests. It certainly won't be a long match...
(unless you get walled in or otherwise pinned down somehow, or your opponent is able to outrun you by ensaring you in Vines while being fast, etc).
I would like to add "Devils Trident" It can restrain and burn. I love Tanglevine, but if your looking to keep the enemy mage out of melee range and do damage then "Devils Trident" is worth looking into.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine