May 04, 2024, 03:31:33 AM

Author Topic: New to druid  (Read 15043 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: New to druid
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
- seedling pod is great to cast early and let it sit in the corner for a long time. Chances are very high that the opponent will never attack it because of all your other, more urgent traits.

- Togorah is way better than guardian angel and you can get the vine ring discount with him.

1) he can melee attack with 6(!) dice 7-10 daze and 11+ stun AND guard (+ intercept) afterwards)
2) unlike the angel, he can't be pushed away in order to mitigate the guard.
3) A good druid doesn't have to move very often but let's the opponent move or moves the opponent herself
4) IF you need to run, Togorah can move 2 and guard. So in a way he is fast.
5) Guardian angel is very durable, yes, but Togorah is even more durable. 2 armor, 18 life and regen 2 is big. A little support if needed makes him "immortal". 
6) Flying and his reach get cancelled out for the most part. Togorah is much more capable to deal with flyers than the angel because of his big attack and can even attack flyers when restrained. stun can bring flyers down too.

I have never understood the hate that this forum gives Togorah. He totally rocks.
The main two issues with him I think are his cost/setup, and his lack of a quick action attack.
The Phoenix shall rise.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »
I would feel irresponsible if i didn't point out that the vine tree itself cannot pay for additional vines during deployment. That mana must come from your mage. In this manner tataree cannot help you with additional mana for the spreading vines ability.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2017, 01:36:07 AM »
The main two issues with him I think are his cost/setup, and his lack of a quick action attack.

Probably yes. He's not cheap. His lack of a quick action attack is in my experience not as bad with things like thornlashers, bloodspine walls, stuck markers and tanglevine (with vine tree). placing and keeping the opponent where you want is probably one of the strongest points of the druid.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2017, 01:34:17 PM »
I would feel irresponsible if i didn't point out that the vine tree itself cannot pay for additional vines during deployment. That mana must come from your mage. In this manner tataree cannot help you with additional mana for the spreading vines ability.
Ah thanks! I didnt know that,just said plant subtype thanks for letting me know that
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2017, 01:42:31 PM »
Alright well,as promised I'm not busy today so im gonna go ahead and post my build that i'm currently using. I find I'm alot better off when im very aggressive and reactive. Therefore..  This seems to be my reactively aggressive book!

Leather chausses
Chitin armor
Waterfall cloak
Eagleclaw boots
elemental wand
leather gloves
meditation amulet
Mage wand
Renewing spring
Enchanters ring(on the fence about it.. Not huge)
Raincloud
3x Tanglevine
corrosive orchid
Vine tree
Mohktari,great tree
2x bloodspine wall
3x mana flower
Nightshade lotus
Hand of bim-shalla
bull endurance
2x Brace yourself
Eagle wings