May 04, 2024, 09:35:25 AM

Author Topic: New to druid  (Read 15044 times)

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: New to druid
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2017, 10:18:01 AM »
the bleed direction is how i have my druid built at the moment. it has been generally successful even against fire mages.

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »
Solid! Seems like just about anything can work,seems pretty damn flexible to me. You just stack bleeds with bot's Im assuming?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2017, 04:54:00 PM »
I think you want to go down to 2-3 rhino hides mainly because as a druid, I tend to not like enchanting my plants and look at them more as expendable.
The Phoenix shall rise.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »
Solid! Seems like just about anything can work,seems pretty damn flexible to me. You just stack bleeds with bot's Im assuming?

thorns, dire wolves and the level one sharks   :D

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2017, 09:28:59 PM »
the bleed direction is how i have my druid built at the moment. it has been generally successful even against fire mages.

Are you using a Hunting Bow with an animal? I thought about combining the bow with a crocodile,  a dire wolf and plants to support. Haven't tried all my current builds yet so I haven't tried this one. Just thought about the possibilities.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2017, 09:30:56 PM »
no bow at moment. probably will not.

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2017, 02:17:20 AM »
I can see the strength of the bow,just hard to adjust to that style kinda for me personally. Then again with Los walls,etc. I can see it being very potent and at the least a steady bleed or fallback on. I get my cards today gonna tinker and let you guys know what I did,thanks to grizzly I'll be at gencon this year,didn't realize it was so close! But back to the core of it,bleed is a very good and easily obtainable strategy IMO. I've been considering attempting the tainted markers but to rely on that I feel grizzly is just an all-around more solid choice. But I have 2 atm on the new deck,considering cutting one and seeing what kind of swamp bleeds I can run in conjunction. So many possibilities and ideas. Has anyone messed with tainted markers? With alll the restraints and stuck for the effect die I can see him being a high priority target. But just not sure how well they can run as opposed to more die attacks for same sbp I guess it comes down to dwindling or straivght damage. If all else it's a good way to expend purified possibly?

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2017, 08:38:22 AM »
Purify does not work on bleeds.
The Phoenix shall rise.

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »
Right on,thankyou. Cards should be here any minute  8)

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2017, 12:41:07 PM »
Alright,got a few games under my belt now and have completely overhauled the book. I'm still not sold on alot of things though,and i've even found myself placing a togorah in my book xD The day I thought would never come. I'll post it when I have some free-time maybe get some more criticism.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2017, 01:53:14 PM »
Alright,got a few games under my belt now and have completely overhauled the book. I'm still not sold on alot of things though,and i've even found myself placing a togorah in my book xD The day I thought would never come. I'll post it when I have some free-time maybe get some more criticism.

In case you haven't read it elsewhere already, a lot of Druid players prefer [mwcard=MWSTX1CKC06]Guardian Angel[/mwcard] to [mwcard=DNC18]Togorah, Forest Sentinel[/mwcard]:
- Same total sbp cost
- WAY cheaper in mana to cast
- WAY cheaper to move around (to follow your Druid or whatever)
- Aside from being a great Guard, a Flying creature can come in handy for a Druid
- Not Legendary, so you can play more than 1 at a time
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2017, 02:17:57 PM »
Very true,and I also considered it. But that being said the angel can't be cast from a seedling pod =p

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2017, 02:54:28 PM »
Still using seedling pods eh?
I love this game. Its awesome!

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2017, 04:16:32 PM »
Actually I've dumbed it down to one,the way I see it is distraction or big pay off,and I got Tata anyways because I've actually had a clutch game where he kept my tree alive with that 1 heal a turn,or 1 mana for additional vinespread just synergy for me

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2017, 04:19:55 PM »
- seedling pod is great to cast early and let it sit in the corner for a long time. Chances are very high that the opponent will never attack it because of all your other, more urgent traits.

- Togorah is way better than guardian angel and you can get the vine ring discount with him.

1) he can melee attack with 6(!) dice 7-10 daze and 11+ stun AND guard (+ intercept) afterwards)
2) unlike the angel, he can't be pushed away in order to mitigate the guard.
3) A good druid doesn't have to move very often but let's the opponent move or moves the opponent herself
4) IF you need to run, Togorah can move 2 and guard. So in a way he is fast.
5) Guardian angel is very durable, yes, but Togorah is even more durable. 2 armor, 18 life and regen 2 is big. A little support if needed makes him "immortal". 
6) Flying and his reach get cancelled out for the most part. Togorah is much more capable to deal with flyers than the angel because of his big attack and can even attack flyers when restrained. stun can bring flyers down too.

I have never understood the hate that this forum gives Togorah. He totally rocks.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 04:21:53 PM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.