May 04, 2024, 11:00:33 AM

Author Topic: New to druid  (Read 15044 times)

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: New to druid
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »
You think maybe if i were running fewer enchants? Seemed like a good option if something were about to die or be unsavable,just swap em out on over. I could be wrong,strictly theorycrafted :P
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2017, 12:19:42 PM »
Very good spellbook, Sir!

I would remove harmonize - seem you have enough in school channeling.

Some of the new spells you did not include:
Pillar, Lesser Teleport, Meredias Blessing and Chitin Armor.

You don´t have the newest sets?

Lesser Teleport is real good in Druid to move plants.

Oh and i think Renewing Rain is.. ehh Useless
Raincloud, Renewing Spring, Waterfall Cloak, Wand of Healing, Cure i like them all a lot better.

"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
Thankyou biblo! They are actually on their way in the mail :P lesser teleport? I've been spellbook building online Idk if that spell is even in there,and i bought rainclouds just waiting on them aswell. Although ill probably only run one.. and probably only have it over my trees :P Gotta keep em healthy and sane! (Just checked they are not on there) I use this forum spellbook builder.. Perhaps there is a better one? I appreciate the feedback tons! Chitin armor will become a must then,aswell as raincloud you've backed up my initial thought process :P I'll have to look those new spells up and adjust my build. Wand of healing you say? Curious..

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 01:14:22 PM »
Thankyou biblo! They are actually on their way in the mail :P lesser teleport? I've been spellbook building online Idk if that spell is even in there,and i bought rainclouds just waiting on them aswell. Although ill probably only run one.. and probably only have it over my trees :P Gotta keep em healthy and sane! (Just checked they are not on there) I use this forum spellbook builder.. Perhaps there is a better one? I appreciate the feedback tons! Chitin armor will become a must then,aswell as raincloud you've backed up my initial thought process :P I'll have to look those new spells up and adjust my build. Wand of healing you say? Curious..
Looks pretty good!
I think you might want to cut the Samara tree and pods since a double tree build is pretty slow.
Also watch out how many animals you run and the mana cost of them since you will have to hardcast them
The Phoenix shall rise.

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 01:21:57 PM »
Cut the samara AND seedlings you think? I can see the seedlings being good for atleast redirected attacks,etc. And if they leave them be they are in trouble too :P If i cut the pods I might as well cut tata too,then again.. Maybe not.. He's like having an extra regen essentially. Decisions decisions.. Thought the samara was clever :P

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 01:23:40 PM »
Cut the samara AND seedlings you think? I can see the seedlings being good for atleast redirected attacks,etc. And if they leave them be they are in trouble too :P If i cut the pods I might as well cut tata too,then again.. Maybe not.. He's like having an extra regen essentially. Decisions decisions.. Thought the samara was clever :P
It is!
Samara is just not widely regarded as very good and double tree is a VERY slow build.
The Phoenix shall rise.

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 01:27:48 PM »
Oh ok I see. Save the spellpoints! Ok,that was up in the air anyhow. Just thought attrition would maybe be possible while being unpredictable and aggressive,but it did complicate how I was planning to start the game anyhow :P Maybe now I can get an ammy,but no battleforge. Consuming I say!

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 05:49:42 PM »
Hi again!

Just want to say again that i think your spellbook is pretty strong as it is.

I looked in my own Druid book and we have ~35 identical cards and ~35 that are different.

No mayor differences. Got slightly different crew than your - not really worth mentioning.

A few points:
Samara Tree likely to be slower, but if you don´t play timed games why not include it?
Even if you remove Samara Tree you might still hang on to one Seedling Pod. Put it out early and it might grow into Kralathor or something similar.
With a Seedling Pod you might add a Wall of Thorns - just because Pods can transform into a WoT.

I still want to build and try a Druid that runs 2 and QC Samara Tree in the FC. (Without Treebond)

A few spells im missing:
Rust. Even better with Enchantment Transfusion and an extra Cheastpiece. Remove Corrode tokens and put a Rust on an opponent creature?  ::)

Seeking Dispel. Just a spell i always put into books and use almost all games.

Dispels/Dissolve. 3 seems to be Forum standard - you could pack more or less, but i would just recommend trying out Remove Curse, Disperse and Crumble as well. Just a good way to try and test some of the never spells.

Falcon Precision. At 1 spellbookpoint!

And then just a bit more on condition removal. I'm not 100% sure, but i believe you can target yourself and your plant with Extinguish(Surging Wave in your spellbook). Put out the burn tokens without rolling dice and slam/push effect :) Even on the Hydro Immune plants.

For a spellbook builder : www.spellbookbuilder.com
I'm using the one on OCTGN. You know you can play online as well :)
Id be happy to play a mirrormatch with you.
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 05:55:36 PM »
Hi again!

Just want to say again that i think your spellbook is pretty strong as it is.

I looked in my own Druid book and we have ~35 identical cards and ~35 that are different.

No mayor differences. Got slightly different crew than your - not really worth mentioning.

A few points:
Samara Tree likely to be slower, but if you don´t play timed games why not include it?
Even if you remove Samara Tree you might still hang on to one Seedling Pod. Put it out early and it might grow into Kralathor or something similar.
With a Seedling Pod you might add a Wall of Thorns - just because Pods can transform into a WoT.

I still want to build and try a Druid that runs 2 and QC Samara Tree in the FC. (Without Treebond)

A few spells im missing:
Rust. Even better with Enchantment Transfusion and an extra Cheastpiece. Remove Corrode tokens and put a Rust on an opponent creature?  ::)

Seeking Dispel. Just a spell i always put into books and use almost all games.

Dispels/Dissolve. 3 seems to be Forum standard - you could pack more or less, but i would just recommend trying out Remove Curse, Disperse and Crumble as well. Just a good way to try and test some of the never spells.

Falcon Precision. At 1 spellbookpoint!

And then just a bit more on condition removal. I'm not 100% sure, but i believe you can target yourself and your plant with Extinguish(Surging Wave in your spellbook). Put out the burn tokens without rolling dice and slam/push effect :) Even on the Hydro Immune plants.

For a spellbook builder : www.spellbookbuilder.com
I'm using the one on OCTGN. You know you can play online as well :)
Id be happy to play a mirrormatch with you.
+ 1
The Phoenix shall rise.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 07:39:21 PM »

You might be thinking of Geyser... it doesn't have the Extinguish keyword, but the text on that spell says that you remove burns. You remove all burns and cancel the attack.

Using Surging Wave for this is a bit more chancy, and can indeed Slam your creature (and Push you if you don't have something that prevents that). I forget the rules on the Extinguish trait, so I don't want to steer you wrong here... I just know that you do, in fact, attack yourself if you want to use it like Geyser.

Edit: I also believe that Hydro immunity does prevent you from attacking with these two spells, since they have the Hydro keyword, though those who know better than I might know whether this is so.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:43:16 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 07:53:24 PM »
Hydro Immunity protects against any hydro spell even targeting the immune creature.  EXCEPT for the case where you wish to use the Extinguish trait to remove burns.  In that instance you may target the hydro immune creature with a hydro spell.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 08:49:42 PM »
 While using extinguish (which is mandatory) you roll one fewer die per burn being removed (to a minimum of one die ) and you subtract one from the effect die per burn being removed. It's totally worth it sometimes!
I love this game. Its awesome!

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 09:56:45 PM »
Thanks for that again biblo,How would I play online? That sounds like an amazing idea to me! And I appreciate the advice and my idea was the two trees aswell! Just would be hard to put fel and tata out aswell,you know? If someone is utmost aggressive it'd be interesting. I've been considering removing my beloved spider and replacing with a grizzly,i'm waiting for more cards to come in to be sure of my action. The academy enchants seem worthwhile to me.Id love to mirror match you though,what better way to learn the game :P

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
Some spells in recent expansions really spice up Druid play as well. Consider Shoalsdeep Crocodile, Ring of Water (name may be off here), Elephant Grass (a plant you can use Seedling Pods to cast), Swamp (low spell point cost for Druid), and some new water school equipment.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

TheVineMarkers

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 09:11:37 AM »
 8) Swamp? I was looking at some of the sharks,with the bleed passives. Druid has a decent chunk of bleed aswell,could see varying possibilities. I always try to be creative,meta game is too standardized.. I also think that someone can only fit a certain amount of counters in that book :P I havent looked at all the new cards yet,can't wait until they arrive tomorrow. I'll have to see what swamp does.. I've been debating sticking that angel in here everyone else does,but I feel like shes more of a tree guard and raincloud could suffice for cheaper. But then factor in burst heals.. And it's not sbp cheaper. Then again,it's a lot more flexible so potentially worth that couple more sbp's. I wouldn't know how good she is D:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:19:04 AM by TheVineMarkers »