May 05, 2024, 01:06:36 AM

Author Topic: How should I build the siren book?  (Read 3514 times)

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
How should I build the siren book?
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »
ב"ה
While the post service in my country is really really slow, it is almost two weeks after my PvS copy arrived to my country (according to USPS tracker), so there is a fair chance I will get it next week. I already decided what my first Paladin book is going to look like (pretty similar to a melee priest), but I don't know yet how to start with the Siren.
Since I have other spellbooks, I have some limitations on some popular spells. I could take one or two acid balls and one or two rusts (but not more), and probably not more than one teleport or bear strength (possibly none, as even with my core spell tomes there is still some limit even on core spells). There is absolutely no chance of getting earth attack spells. Fortunately, I think I can get it a second elemental wand (and Naiya could cast them on the mage).

I am going to invest about 22 points on attack spells. I am thinking about-
1 Tsunami (I have to try it)
1 Fireball (as anti conjurations)
1 Lightning bolt (as anti ethereal)
4 Swell
6 Geyser (as anti Huginn/Fellella, ad generally fliers)
1 Acid ball

Conjurations will get very little space. About-
4 Shallow Sea
2 Mana crystals/flowers
1 Whirlpool (because I have to try it)
1 Tanglevine (That is what I found)
1 Coral Barrier
(About 15 points)

Equipment is going to be interesting. I am taking something like-
2 Elemental Wands
2 Leviathan Scales
1 Ring of Tides
1 Ring of Ocean's Depths
1 Voice of The Sea
1 meditation amulet
1 leather piece (I'll see what I have available)
1 Echo of The Depths
2 Shoalsdeep Trident
(I counted 20 spellbook points).
Other than the leather piece and meditation amulet, Naiya could be my battleforge. But then you will ask what would I do with 4 hand slot Items, I would probably want to stay in the corner and meditate for like 4-8 rounds (until either the enemy came to me and dissolved the echo of the depths or I think I have enough creatures) and then go offensive with the trident and possibly the wand (so it is a 2 phase strategy).

Incantations-
1 Minor Heal
1 Heal
3 Dissolve (I will have to find which book could give up one of theirs).
1 Crumble (to bypass nullify).
2 Lesser Teleport
So 12 points here.

That leaves me 51 points for enchantments (most of which will be songs) and creatures.
My non-song enchantments will include 1 rust, 1 regrowth and 1 hawkeye.
I have a general Idea of which songs I would like to try (some of each, more of those that buff my creature since enemy might be psychic immune).
Other than Naiya and Water Elemental, which creatures should I try first?

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: How should I build the siren book?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:44:23 PM »
I would suggest more coral barriers the siren is all about pushing and pulling creatures around at least 2 if not 3. Also more conjurations to use in the terrain zones like her sea urchin can't remember the name make a deadly combo plus if someone wants to replace your terrain there going to have pay lot for it. Maybe forcehammer instead of fireball for conjurations? Surging wave is water atttack spell as well instead of 6 geysers. I would have some dispels and seeking dispels and a normal teleport as lesser is only friendly creatures with no conjurations attached. As far as creatures depends on what tactics u want use. Pirates, sharks, push pull people and so forth. I've only seen her played twice but this would be some of my advise.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 03:39:02 AM »
ב"ה
I would suggest more coral barriers the siren is all about pushing and pulling creatures around at least 2 if not 3.
Will do. It sounds like a good Idea. Thanks  :)

Also more conjurations to use in the terrain zones like her sea urchin can't remember the name make a deadly combo plus if someone wants to replace your terrain there going to have pay lot for it. Maybe forcehammer instead of fireball for conjurations?
A force hammer roll 2 more dice which at the best case mean 2 more damage on average (but is actually less than 2 against any armor), while a fireball give on average 11/12 burns that each deal on average 3 damage over time for a total of 2.75 damage over time, so the fireball deals a little bit more damage even though is cost one mana less. Moreover, the case in which destroying a conjuration is most urgent is the druid tree, and all trees have flame+2 making the fireball a better choice against them. Most Warlord conjurations are flame +2 as well. The only conjuration worth destroying which is flame immune is Battleforge, and they are hydro+3 so my other attack spells could make the difference.
Anyway, my copies of "Force Hammer" are either in Forcemaster books (because it is in school) or in nature book (because they pay triple for fire), and I thing they need it more.

Surging wave is water atttack spell as well instead of 6 geysers.
In my local meta flying creatures are common (and now with crusader griffins they might become even more common), especially flying familiars that have defense (such as Fellela and Huginn). Swell can't target flying creatures, just like Surging Wave, so I need some unavoidable attacks that help against fliers.

I would have some dispels and seeking dispels and a normal teleport as lesser is only friendly creatures with no conjurations attached.
I have only one extra teleport for both the paladin and the siren, and I think the Paladin needs it more. In an Ideal book I would definitely have a teleport, but trying to keep a lot of books makes you compromise a little bit (otherwise I would have taken at least 3 acid balls).
I think I do have an extra seeking dispel, so it will be added. Thanks for the help :)

As far as creatures depends on what tactics u want use. Pirates, sharks, push pull people and so forth. I've only seen her played twice but this would be some of my advise.
So it is either a shark book, in which case I will keep the Tanglevine, or a Tidecaller/Harpooner book, in which case I have no need for a Tanglevine and it will be replaced for another coral barrier, and I will probably include a Bed of Urchins or two.
Thanks for the help again :)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 05:00:46 AM »
I agree about firebal. While I don't really like that Siren doesn't pay triple or is even able to cast fire, it is a very solid option for her. I mean, where under water did she ever get firebal practice?

Plants are probably her biggest weakness being rooted and water immune, so some fire spells/creatures are great for her.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »
4 Swell
6 Geyser (as anti Huginn/Fellella, ad generally fliers)

Even with all the flyers, I'd drop at least 3 of these for Surging Wave - it's just too good...