May 18, 2024, 11:17:28 AM

Author Topic: official rules & codex supplement ?  (Read 2252 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
official rules & codex supplement ?
« on: October 01, 2016, 04:07:02 AM »
I know I allready wrote a lot about the "official rules & codex supplement", but I got a lot of promises since spring 2015, and no new version (the last one is from May 12 2014).

MW is an evolutive game and therefore some old rules and cards have to be errated or adapted (Arcan Wonder has the wisdom to do it very carefully, but there are changes however). MW is a complicated game and therefore some rules have to be explained.
All these modifications, specifications and clarifications are around here on the forum... we take time to ask, answer, officialize, and the discussions add and repeat, lost in the forum's depth...

I know some players don't need to have precise rules to play. They play as they think is right, and when they have a doubt they note the question for later.
I like to know what is the rule when I play, to know what strategy is possible for me, for my opponent, and to be sure how to continue the game when we have a doubt (and I'm sure I'm not alone!). The forum is too chaotic to look for answers in the middle of a game, I need to have clear, precise, official rulings collected in a practical document. That's the "official rules & codex supplement"!

So... I know there are a lot of priorities and only a few Arcan Wonder people, but what will I do when I recieve Paladin, Siren, or any future archmage, mummy-necromancian, elementalist or stone-druide, if I still don't know how to play Anvil Throne Warlord and Adramalech Warlock right?!?
The last update of the "official rules & codex supplement" is more than 2 years old. Some of us urgently need a new one.

p.s.: If I can help, trying to collect all the rullings from the last two years across the forum, tell me! (and I'm sure other players would be ready to complete it with me)

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Re: official rules & codex supplement ?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 07:50:28 AM »
I am ready to help.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 06:35:08 AM »
Well, nobody was interested in my collect of clarifications and erratas (http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=17282.0).
It's to much work and to much interpretation for me to do it alone... I really hope that AW will update the Official rules & codex supplement... please?  :D

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 07:07:00 AM »
An update to the supplement is well underway, it's just a fairly labor intensive project.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 06:11:36 AM »
An update to the supplement is well underway, it's just a fairly labor intensive project.
Why not let the community help you?

If you post a draft version on BGG and the Resources section here, then you can collect edits/updates from the community. That might help speed the proceeds up by distributing the tasks to others. Kinda like the Wiki-model for document creation.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin