General Category > Website Support and Feedback

New Arcane Wonders Site.

<< < (4/4)

Sailor Vulcan:

--- Quote from: silverclawgrizzly on August 29, 2017, 04:46:38 PM ---Nobody ever mentions the arena wizard looks ancient compared to the other arena mages. Is arcane honestly so hard to master it takes 50 plus years to get to the level of a 30 something year old Beast Master?

--- End quote ---
My guess is that the particular person in the male wizard mage art just started school later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

silverclawgrizzly:
Sort of a continuing education kinda thing? I can dig that.

Sailor Vulcan:

--- Quote from: silverclawgrizzly on August 29, 2017, 06:49:16 PM ---Sort of a continuing education kinda thing? I can dig that.

--- End quote ---
As I see it Academy Mages are undergraduate students and arena mages are professionals. Speaking of which where are the graduate student mages? I still think we should have something in between Academy and Arena at some point in the future. Something like apprentice mode but with its own spells and mage abilities and customizable spellbooks and level 5 mages and with forwards compatiblity with Arena but not backwards compatiblity with Academy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Halewijn:

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on August 29, 2017, 07:21:49 PM ---As I see it Academy Mages are undergraduate students and arena mages are professionals.

--- End quote ---

Isn't academy supposed to be their graduation fight? After the fight, the academy mage is considered a full fledged mage. (age 22-26)  An academy mage is still an extremely powerfull person even if weak compared to arena mages. I think they can be considered as a "professional".

Arena mages however are the best of the best mages that fight in an Arena, in many cases to resolve conflicts between different regions. These guys have been in many battles and have improved through experience and not training. Most professionals never even reaching this power throughout an entire lifetime.

(When reading the stories on the website, it's clear that forces like the necromancer in darkfenne or the rise of the bloodwave warlord isn't something that happens every 2 years. These are not simply professionals)

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on August 29, 2017, 07:21:49 PM ---Speaking of which where are the graduate student mages?

--- End quote ---
I would consider Naiya and other familiars to be the undergraduate "students" or simply undergraduate mage-like creatures that never reached the level for graduation due to lack of talent/work. Basic knowledge of spells but no stamina or all-round skills.

Coshade:
Yeah what Hale is saying sounds correct from what i know. There is also the idea of stronger mages in dominaton lore that indicates the mage creature could go to a higher level then we see in arena. But those are extremely rare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version