May 03, 2024, 07:32:08 AM

Author Topic: Competitive MW round/match rules  (Read 2810 times)

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Competitive MW round/match rules
« on: June 02, 2013, 11:16:15 PM »
With the Origins tourney coming up (which I unfortunately can't attend, stupid college  >:( ), can we know what the rules are for standard tournament play are?  In other words, what officially constitutes the rules of a competitive match in MW?

This is something I've been very very eager to hear about since my gaming group plays MW as competitively as possible (when not trying out new or casual book builds).

Info please!  :)
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Competitive MW round/match rules
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:50:24 AM »
I would like to reiterate my hope that no card be tournament legal until it is available for purchase. A major advantage of Mage Wars over Magic the Gathering is that I don't have to buy individual singles to have access to all the cards. It is more important to have a balanced game than a broader meta.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 06:26:09 AM »
We should have the rules up this week. Doc was submitted awhile ago.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 07:47:54 AM »
(which I unfortunately can't attend, stupid college  >:( )

I feel your pain. I only get to play MW during the summer. But even then I don't have time for tournaments and stuff like that.
"See you space cowboy..."

Phoenix

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 08:17:03 AM »
Will the rule doc be posted here or on the mw homepage.  I have some promo cards and need to know if I need to change my spell book prior to the tourny. Will there be game boards available? I haven't been to an Origins before and do not desire to tote around the entire box if I can just bring the spell book.  Thank you

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 12:45:33 PM »
Patrick stated before that for Origins he did not want promos legal for the event unless they are from a set sold to public.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage