May 02, 2024, 06:22:40 PM

Author Topic: Welcome to the Jungle - A Druid Spellbook  (Read 12592 times)

Alexander West

• Falconer
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Jungle - A Druid Spellbook
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 11:08:23 AM »
@Wildhorn:  A druid can vinecast Burst of Thorns, which makes the range effectively much longer.
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not is a fool for a lifetime."

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 11:18:51 AM »
Vine markers are for vine spells.

Burst of thorns is not a vine spell.

Range of 0-2 must be respected.

Alexander West

• Falconer
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2014, 11:37:35 AM »
Oh.   :-[  Oh!   :o

Thanks guys.  I've never cast one in a game, but it's good to know it doesn't quite do what I thought it does!
"He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not is a fool for a lifetime."

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »
I dislike Bull's Endurance since it doesn't do much for your creature, unless the creature has a very low life, like Tataree or Fellella. Generally more armour from Rhino Hide (even with Fortified Position) will keep the creature alive longer, and Bear's Strength makes your Raptor Vines scarier and works nicely wit their Vampiric trait. Though one thing you could do would be to replace your 2 Foritified Position with 2 Sacred Ground and 4 Rhino Hide, and then change the 2 Bull Endurance over to 2 more Bear Strength. Though I'm not sure you'd have the actions to get that out effectively (your Meditation Amulet).

Acid Ball is, in my opinion, the second best Water spell in the game right now. Lots of creatures come out with moderate to high armour and it's very effective against them. Due to the rules of Corrode, it's also mildly effective against Resilient targets. However, it's best use is against armour-stacking mages, particularly a Wizard (-1 or -2 armour and a 5/9 chance to take out the Voltaric Shield for 5 mana is amazing).

Also consider adding a Surging Wave or two. An Unavoidable attack with range of 0-2 and 5/6 chance to Slam can ruin a Forcemaster's day.