May 14, 2024, 12:47:31 PM

Author Topic: Always forget  (Read 6870 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Always forget
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:27:38 AM »
It happens to everyone. You build a book, go over it, then you test it against an opponent and realize "Huh I forgot to put in..."

For me I always forget Teleport. What utility spell does everyone forget to include and realize later?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Always forget
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 11:32:16 AM »
anti flying stuff or sometimes ethereal stuff.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 11:34:27 AM »
Definitely Teleport

Also Attack spells. :-[
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
On the occasions I remember Teleport I'll be late in a tough match and realize I apparently forgot any healing.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 12:12:43 PM »
For me it's not Teleport - I always have lots of Teleport and push effects, it's one of the most versatile sets of answers.

If I had a dollar for every first build of a book lacking a Heal though...

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 12:48:08 PM »
This is a good one, i think I'm actually faulted in the other direction. Ive got a suite of auto includes that's roughly 20 levels of spells. That's anywhere between 22 and 40 plus SP with of investment right out of the gate, pretty much every time.

With 3x dispel, 2x dissolve, 2x f push, 2x teleport, an ele wand a mage wand a decoy an arcane ward and 2x acid ball going in every book, every time i eat up probably too much, too often.

That having been said i often forget to run anti wall tech, like eagle claw boots or force hammer. Also the odd problem solving silver bullets like enchantment transfusion often hand a hard time landing in final products as well.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »
If this were a list of cards I wished I had more physical copies of, it would be Teleport and Force Push. But I rarely forget to include them (or a similar substitute if I don't want to proxy and don't want to pull copies from other spell books).

I tend to forget to include healing... or at least opt not to in favour of other spells, then wish I had at least a couple during a given match.

And I tend to forget a reasonably high-damage quick attack spell to use as a finisher when my opponent is down to <6 health and I need to finish him/her in the opening quick-cast phase before he/she can heal (or Teleport away or put up a Reverse Attack/Block, etc) or before he/she beats me to the punch and finishes my mage first. Examples: Hurl Boulder, Fireball, Force Hammer, Luminous Blast, Lightning Bolt, etc. It's usually my Necromancer or Forcemaster or Priestess/Priest or Anvil Throne Warlord or bow-based Beastmaster who forgets to pack such a spell. I'll have at least one of Acid Ball and/or Surging Waves and/or Flameblast and other low-damage utility attack spells, maybe one or two zone attacks, and I might even have a full-action finisher like Hurl Meteor... but forget the importance of at least one quick-cast finisher.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 01:18:07 PM by iNano78 »

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 01:55:54 PM »
ב"ה

I many times forget to take walls.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 02:20:07 PM »
When I first started it was cards to deal with flying.  Now Knockdown is an auto include in almost every book. 

Lately I have been forgetting to include some things to deal with ethereal creatures or things that had the unavoidable trait which is terrible.  Last time I played a force master I was walled in by a force wall and was stuck for 4+ turns punching the wall.  It was awful.   I will include force hammer or mage staff to deal with ethereal. Falcon precision or some flame blast to deal with unavoidable. 

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 02:45:52 PM »
Heals. Definetly Heals. Moment you have 3 bleeding on your mage, you realize that mistake :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »
Today I gsd that feeling with a tanglevine or other effect to hold the Enemy mage on Place missing. Normally it's more healing I miss. Anti Flyer, teleport, pierce or rust  and dissolve/dispel are standart.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Always forget
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 04:41:08 PM »
I've forgotten to include poisoned blood/deathlock a number of times. I find it interesting that some people tend to forget to include some cards more than other cards. We should play a game where we try to guess each others playstyles based on what cards we forget to include most.

I suspect if you forget Healing most you're an aggro player and if you forget finite life or attack spells most you're probably control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

baglio88

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »
Walls. Sometimes I do consider them, but they get cut out when I start trimming the deck. Then I end up regretting it.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »
Jinx... very important finisher in many many situations.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2016, 06:56:21 PM »
This conversation topic came up after counting my book and coming up way under 120. I got giddy of the possibilities....then I did the math a few more times and got 120 on the dot.

I took my Ethereal attack out of my book. I'll probably regret it later.