May 14, 2024, 12:43:09 AM

Author Topic: Animated duels?  (Read 2035 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Animated duels?
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:36:35 PM »
Somebody should make an animated mage wars duel. Maybe base it off the final round at a tournament, or just a casual game. That would be awesome. I would do it myself, but considering how long mage wars duels are, it would probably take days by myself if not a whole week or more. My estimation is probably way off since I have no animation experience.

Cartoons are out of the question I think--too complicated and probably would need computers (or a talented cartoonist with a great memory or fast reflexes while drawing, which would probably require a lot of pay).

I suppose claymation is a good idea. Clay molds of the mages would likely be needed though. Unless you are talented enough with play doh that you can make simplified versions of the mages that capture their personalities well. You would also need someone with a camera, as well as an opponent and a LOT of time on your hands. You would need to make an arena to use that you're not afraid of dirtying with play doh. Maybe a sandbox (Salenia) or a gray stone table (Westlock). You would need to have some way of knowing where the zone borders are even when they're not visible. (Use rulers maybe, or simply use pens and remove them whenever a picture is taken).

Another possible option is to use Legos instead of play doh.

Thoughts?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.