May 19, 2024, 09:33:40 AM

Author Topic: push my self and others questions  (Read 1970 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
push my self and others questions
« on: July 13, 2014, 11:14:50 AM »
-hello, can i use a push incantation to push myself?

-If i teleport a creature in a zone with a trap and them i pushed, trigger the trap?

-When push with a stream jet in zone A , and attack a creature to zone B, can i push with the dice if occur and choose between Zone C and D?

A  --  X
  X---- B---D
  x-----C

- I know that the following it can´t occur, but i believe if i push a creature restrained with a tanglevine, maybe he will suffer damage with the preasure against the tanglevine, only an idea.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: push my self and others questions
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 11:30:26 AM »
Hey there, Isel.

1) Yes, you can push yourself. If you mean mage, yes, you can push your mage creature same way as you can teleport it.

2) Yes, if your mage creature enter a zone with a trap via Teleport or Push effect, Trap is triggered. (if it dont have a flying trait at that time)

3) If you are at the same zone as a randomly pushed target, you have to use d12 to choose, which way is that creature pushed. If it is diagonal, yes, you can choose between those two possible sectors.

4) If a creature is tangelvined or strangelvined, it recieves unmovable trait, thus, cannot be pushed. It didnt recieve any dmg or attack dice, if unmovable and you try tu push it.  Maybe in a future, there will be some GREAT PUSH which will ignore unmovable trait or cause dmg to creatures. But so far, there is not such effect yet :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: push my self and others questions
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 11:41:06 AM »
So [mwcard=MW1A09]Jet Stream[/mwcard] allows a Push with a successful Effect roll.

The Codex entry

Push (Effect)

Push is an effect caused by some spells and attacks that moves the target into an adjacent zone. Unless the effect says otherwise, the Pushed creature must move one zone away in the opposite direction from the source of the Push. If there is a choice of direction (such as pushing a creature diagonally opposite, or if the source of the Push is in the same zone as the target), the source of the Push chooses the direction. Some spells may Push in a random direction. To determine the direction, choose one side of the board to be “North” and roll the Effect Die: a 1-3 Pushes the creature North, 4-6 = East, 7-9 = South and 10-12 = West. A creature may be Pushed through a wall, but only if the wall does not have the Passage Blocked trait. The Pushed creature suffers any attack from the wall if the wall has the Passage Attacks trait. If a creature is Pushed into a wall with the Passage Blocked trait, it is Bashed against the wall and suffers an Unavoidable attack of 3 attack dice. Note the walls around the outside of the arena all have the Passage Blocked trait. Note that Flying creatures ignore walls, except for the ones around the outside of the arena. Some creatures and all conjurations have the Unmovable trait. They cannot be Pushed and ignore all Push effects.

So, Restrained Creatures cannot be affected at all by the Push.

You can Push them like you said if the Push is in the opposite direction from you. If you are casting it 2 zones away, and that zone is diagonal from you, you can choose one of two directions as long as they are being Pushed away from your mage.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest