May 19, 2024, 10:11:05 AM

Author Topic: Syren vs. paladin, next spoilers?  (Read 16921 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Syren vs. paladin, next spoilers?
« on: July 06, 2014, 04:53:39 PM »
Well, now that Fif it´s released, i think it´s time to begin the spoilers of the next expansion, because summer it´s tooo long and im too boring xd xd.

Please told us something, until november there is enough time for a card for week.

thank you!!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Syren vs. paladin, next spoilers?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:17:26 PM »
Well, now that Fif it´s released, i think it´s time to begin the spoilers of the next expansion, because summer it´s tooo long and im too boring xd xd.

Please told us something, until november there is enough time for a card for week.

thank you!!

We will start to post when we are ready. Most likely after Gencon
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:46:04 AM »
Yeah isel, you are boring :-)

Actually, i need a summer break from spoilers. Paladin\Siren will be huge and my FiF its on its way. Good things should happens slowly ;-)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 02:55:37 AM »
You're right Boocheck, I figure Paladin/Siren will be as big at least as Druid/Necromancer and Force Master/Warlord. Though I'll probably play the Paladin more I'm most interested in seeing the Siren and what she brings to the game.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:06:34 AM »
I am looking forward to a great water mage as a counter to the warlock in the Siren,  roll on the fishies, fishy fishy,  bubble bubble bubble.   Surfs up !

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 08:51:39 AM »
I am looking forward to a great water mage as a counter to the warlock in the Siren,  roll on the fishies, fishy fishy,  bubble bubble bubble.   Surfs up !

..and off course some more water spells to wash away all those burns from the two warlocks !

i'm also looking forward to finally see what the defrost trait will do to the game...Maybe we will be able to freeze the siren ?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 09:04:41 AM »

..and off course some more water spells to wash away all those burns from the two warlocks !

i'm also looking forward to finally see what the defrost trait will do to the game...Maybe we will be able to freeze the siren ?

I think I'm most excited for the introduction of Terrain conjurations, which I assume will be in the set and be a big part of the Siren's strategy.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 01:37:46 PM »

I think I'm most excited for the introduction of Terrain conjurations, which I assume will be in the set and be a big part of the Siren's strategy.

Terrain has been taking a while to get the balance and feel of this new sub type of cards to be correct. I can not give out the count of the total amount of terrain but if all goes well we will have several water and a few non water type.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

blackirishguilt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Ka is a wheel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 02:19:56 PM »
Terrain has been taking a while to get the balance and feel of this new sub type of cards to be correct. I can not give out the count of the total amount of terrain but if all goes well we will have several water and a few non water type.

Cool!  Seems like a very natural design space to explore, can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
Please... stop... dont reignate my fanatism...

several = more then three less then seven, few = more then one less then five. Water and non water = between five to nine  new terrain spells...

Lets change focun to paladin. Vorpal blade, spiked shield and spiked armor seems propriet tools for him. Driver license for tank are out of discussion buuuut what about battle stead (steed or stud? i mean horse). :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Elessar

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 08:48:09 PM »

Awesome!  I have to admit I wasn't expecting multiple types of water terrain, although it makes sense now that I think about it. 

I'm just spitballing here, but I could imagine swampy terrain that hinders creatures or deep water terrain that prevents conjurations from being built on it. 

I could be way off the mark on those, but if terrain is something that will dramatically affect the characteristics of a zone, I can see the difficulty in balancing it. 

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2014, 01:41:05 AM »
There will for sure be more than just water terrains. In each expansion we have seen cards that are off the theme and to boost some other mage. I would love to see one terrain suited for each mage / school / play style. The Syren might be able cast two in one qa maybe.  8)

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 07:40:37 AM »
FiF was great, i finally caught up with the AW releases and now i am eager for Spoilers :3

Please let it happen :D
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 01:49:31 PM »
FiF was great, i finally caught up with the AW releases and now i am eager for Spoilers :3 Please let it happen
The earliest I expect would be about 1-2 weeks after Gencon but these things are never set in stone.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »
There will for sure be more than just water terrains. In each expansion we have seen cards that are off the theme and to boost some other mage. I would love to see one terrain suited for each mage / school / play style. The Syren might be able cast two in one qa maybe.  8)

The biggest issue with that is we have about 110 cards on one print sheet.  if we had 10 terrain at 4 each that is 40 card then you have the mages and abilities. that is another 4 cards. That only leaves about 13-14 cards at 4 each to fill the rest of the sheet.