May 12, 2024, 03:48:22 PM

Author Topic: My Newish Druid itteration  (Read 3264 times)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
My Newish Druid itteration
« on: January 31, 2016, 01:09:43 AM »
[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Binding Perturbation[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Druid Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNA01]4 x Acid Ball[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A13]1 x Thunderbolt[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA04]1 x Hurl Boulder[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]4 x Surging Wave[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1J13]4 x Mana Flower[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNJ02]1 x Corrosive Orchid[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNJ11]6 x Tanglevine[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1W04]3 x Wall of Thorns[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNJ03]1 x Etherian Lifetree[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNJ12]1 x Vine Tree[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNC20]1 x Vine Snapper[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC21]1 x Thornlasher[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1C13]1 x Fellella, Pixie Familiar[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1C07]1 x Cervere, The Forest Shadow[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC06]1 x Kralathor, The Devourer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNC10]3 x Raptor Vine[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWPROMO79]1 x Blur[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]1 x Brace Yourself[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWBD1E01]1 x Astral Anchor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]1 x Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E01]2 x Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E03]1 x Bull Endurance[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]2 x Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E31]1 x Poisoned Blood[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E21]1 x Hawkeye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE06]1 x Lion Savagery[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E36]1 x Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNE01]1 x Barkskin[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E29]2 x Nullify[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1Q08]1 x Elemental Wand[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q17]1 x Lightning Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO47]1 x Leviathan Scale Armor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ04]1 x Druid's Leaf Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ09]1 x Wand of Healing[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNQ08]1 x Vinewhip Staff[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q19]1 x Mage Wand[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWPRO1]2 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I15]1 x Knockdown[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I23]1 x Rouse the Beast[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]1 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPRO2]1 x Minor Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I12]2 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I07]2 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

Theres 2 missing points and they are for a blur if youre allowed to use promos. if not im sure you can readily find a place for those 2 points. lol

Openings, the openers can change depending on what your enemy mage is doing but by and large you want to have the enemy mage istelf locked into tanglevines for as long as you can, as soon as you can. by doing so you can gain yourself an extra economy turn or so after the first three rounds, as a tanglevine can and will eat at least one enemy action, sometimes 2 or three. to that end the first three rounds should look something like this.
Round one Druids leaf ring, vine tree, vine in home square. treebond.
Round two (19 mana) fellela, mana flower (at a discount! suck it wizards!) extra vine during deployment to far center and near center.
Round three (13 mana, 2 on tree, 1 on fellela) Deploy vine in far center and then onto enemy mage. if he moved even one space you can have him locked by turn 3 from right off the tree. if he stayed in home square, play another flower, if not and you can get him into a vine this round, play mage wand (thunderbolt) hawkeye, blur from fellella on mage.

now you should be all set to throw a thunderbolt every round if you can, if the enemy looks like he wants to teleport out, astral anchor the zone, if he looks like hes going to try and beat his way out, play etherian lifetree and keep a tanglevine in hand if he breaks out mid turn. with any luck youere vines will eat an action or two each and that adds up fast. the fairy can be used to buff or burn nulifies or rust after the opening. one can also play either of the big creatures for an assault, or start playing the raptor vines or other plant creatures pn top of his investments. keep up the rain of tanglevines untill either you win or run out, at which point you are probably ahead enough on tempo to swing the win. Any thoughts?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: My Newish Druid itteration
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 05:24:03 AM »
If your main game plan is to keep their Mage pinned to a zone as you throw thunderbolt(s) on him/her, I'd suggest not spending too much time enchanting ur minions.

I'm guessing the point of Fallella is control and not creature buffing?
Having a like 3 nullifies and 3 decoys might be worth considering? While trimming down on creature buffs that doesn't target ur mage.

6 tanglevines seems a bit overkill, perhaps you would be better of including 1 stranglevine instead and keeping ur tanglevine number at 4?
Perhaps after one tanglevine die, you instantly cast the stranglevine?
Octagon user: Drefan

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 03:10:23 PM »
[mwcard=DNQ08]Vinewhip Staff[/mwcard] (auto stuck) and [mwcard=MWBG1E01]Astral Anchor[/mwcard] (no teleport) should shut down movement pretty efficiently and effectively.

Openings, the openers can change depending on what your enemy mage is doing but by and large you want to have the enemy mage istelf locked into tanglevines for as long as you can, as soon as you can. by doing so you can gain yourself an extra economy turn or so after the first three rounds, as a tanglevine can and will eat at least one enemy action, sometimes 2 or three.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 03:12:27 PM by gw »
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »
That's what they are there for. The reason you want to use the tangle vines off the tree is for the infinite vine range. Once you've got an adjacent vine marker it's no problem at all to keep the enemy mage locked in. So for 4 mana every turn/every other turn you've got position control. If the mage decides to stay put and ignore the vines then awesome! Cast. Creatures off the tree instead. They want to try and take down the tree? Sweet! It's gonna cost a ton and its not that important besides unless they have a ton of Dragon breath or hurl meteorites they can't reach it from where they are stuck. Once you play t he lifetree those tangle vines have 10 life! A galvitar doublestrike statistically fails to kill it meaning you've bought 2 actions for one 4 mana deploy. I'll take that any day! It narrows the choices available to the enemy and makes predictions easier.
I love this game. Its awesome!

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:35:42 PM »
maybe take stranglevines for some dmg in between

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:04:42 AM »
Hi!

Im a big fan of Druid an Tanglevines cast from the Tree :)

I would include more Rhino Hides for sure. Really good on Kralathor and the Raptor Vines, and pretty good on all of your remaining creatures.

Im not sold on the Thunderbolt - its really good to keep the opposing mage far away from your tree, but if your 3 zones away from your opponent with the intention of using Thunderbolt you can´t use Dissolve, Dispel, Acid Ball, Surging Wave etc. If you use your full action at range 3, your quick action might not do anyting really usefull.

Fireball + Lightning Ball might be better than Thuderbolt + Hurl Boulder?
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever