May 03, 2024, 07:38:48 AM

Author Topic: Pushing into the arena ground floor  (Read 3294 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Pushing into the arena ground floor
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:13:16 AM »
Hi!

Im new to the forum and pretty new to Mage Wars in general. I still love to push people through and into walls  :)

If a flying creature with push, smashed someone down into the arena floor, would that give the extra 3 dice attack? (for bashing some into a wall with the passage blocked trait)

And can a non-flying creature or conjuration, pick a flying creature in the same zone, from the sky and do the same? (with f.x Jet Stream)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
Re: Pushing into the arena ground floor
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:05:54 AM »
Welcome to the Forums Biblofilter!

Its always fun to push creatures into walls! As far as I know, its not possible to push flying units into the arena floor although thematically that would make some sense. Flying units ignore walls in general. The only thing you can push flying creatures into is the arena walls. For everyone else, you can push creatures through and against certain walls, as well as pushing them into the Arena wall and inflicting that 3 dice extra attack.

If you push a creature into a wall with the passage blocked trait, they just receive the 3 dice attack. If you were using say [mwcard=MW1I12]Force Push[/mwcard], and you wanted to push a creature through a wall with a passage attack, according the spell, you need to pay an extra 3 mana to do so. That creature would then be pushed through the to the other side of the wall and receive the attack stated on the Passage Attack wall. Not all pushes require you to pay mana to push a creature through a passage attack wall. Take [mwcard=FWC13]Selesius, the East Wind[/mwcard] for example. Her second attack has the chance to push creatures, but doesnt require you to pay any mana if you so choose to push a creature through a passage attack wall.

Passage Attack walls:
[mwcard=MW1W03]Wall of Fire[/mwcard] -
[mwcard=FWW01]Wall of Pikes[/mwcard] -
[mwcard=MW1W04]Wall of Thorns[/mwcard] -
[mwcard=DNW01]Bloodspine Wall[/mwcard] -

Passage Blocked Walls:
[mwcard=DNW02]Wall of Bones[/mwcard] -
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFW01]Wall of Earth[/mwcard] -
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKW01]Wall of Steel[/mwcard] -
[mwcard=MW1W02]Wall of Stone[/mwcard] -
Arena Walls

Hope this made some sense.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »
Death is correct that you cannot push something into the Arena floor. The closest thing to that would be the "incapacitated" condition which causes flying creatures to lose that trait. He is also correct that flying creatures get pushed over walls instead of into/through them. Unless it is the Arena wall, of course.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 01:55:42 PM »
Welcome to the arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 06:40:49 PM »
I just want to add the fact that you normally don't get to choose where you push a creature to at all. You only get a choice if the spell specifically says so, otherwise you must push them directly away from the source of the push.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 08:44:08 PM »
I guess it's also good to point out the spell Force Bash... this is the only one I can think of where you can bash a flying creature into something other than an arena wall, or a non-flyer into a flyer (or vice versa).
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess