May 03, 2024, 12:32:52 AM

Poll

Which of these cards would you like to see spoiled next?

Ballad of Courage
5 (16.1%)
Luminous Blast
13 (41.9%)
Naiya
12 (38.7%)
Noble Vanguard
1 (3.2%)
Why can i edit Poll ? - and no button to vote? (done by JackSmack - dont hate!)
0 (0%)
Because you are playtester :)
0 (0%)
I'm not a playtester....
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: May 21, 2016, 08:59:25 AM

Author Topic: Select the Next Spoiler!  (Read 7533 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Select the Next Spoiler!
« on: May 20, 2016, 08:59:25 AM »
So far we've previewed creatures from both the Paladin and the Siren, and now I want to know which of these cards you would like to see previewed for Monday. Now you'll only have the name of the card to go off of, so choose wisely. The poll will run for 1 day, then on Monday the 23rd, I'll post a preview of the selected card.

Let the rampant speculation begin!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Select the Next Spoiler!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 09:17:53 AM »
Sounds like Incantation, Attack Spell, Creature, Creature.  Although Naiya might not be a creature.  But since Naiya was mentioned in a previous spoiler, I'm guessing that's the one that has the biggest impact on the game.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 03:15:09 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Anubis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »
I went for "Luminous Blast" as it sounds like a light attack spell and my Malakai's Priest is waiting for it for so long!
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results...

ManofMagic

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "You Shall Not Pass!!" - Gandalf the Grey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 11:02:58 AM »
I vote that we add a new category for dragons.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 11:06:16 AM »
SUPER HOLY BLAST!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 11:12:39 AM »
::ahem:: ATTACK SPELL PLEASE!!! ...oh sorry don't know what came over me. I simply MUST see that attack spell, it very well might resurrect an old book of mine that needed more umph. Assist my curiosity  please!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Select the Next Spoiler!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »
Considering that it's a holy attack spell that will probably be stronger than usual, i'm guessing it will be three dice and +2 versus dark and nonliving. Or maybe it will be 2 dice die and a higher chance of daze/stun.

What would be really cool to see would be a spell that gives a creature +6 life and stuns it, or something like that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:51:07 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »
I am sincerely hoping that it does at least 4 dice. I mean it's almost imperative. He's already told us it's not a range 2, and holy attack spells as they stand right now are woefully too weak in the damage dice department and even with 4 dice it will still be the weakest attack spell at lvl2 (assuming it's lvl2) in circulation, but at 4 dice possibly with the standard +2 to non living, even at range 1 it will be worth buffing (DB ring, Hawkeye) or even playing out of school to possibly even up the power disparity with zombies. I mean ill take it at 3 dice but i certainly won't play it much. What we REALLY need is an attack that bypasses resilient and if it does THAT I'll pay one in every book!
I love this game. Its awesome!

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 01:03:34 PM »
Looking to Smite some Zombies, eh Romeo?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 03:02:43 PM »
I am sincerely hoping that it does at least 4 dice. I mean it's almost imperative. He's already told us it's not a range 2, and holy attack spells as they stand right now are woefully too weak in the damage dice department and even with 4 dice it will still be the weakest attack spell at lvl2 (assuming it's lvl2) in circulation, but at 4 dice possibly with the standard +2 to non living, even at range 1 it will be worth buffing (DB ring, Hawkeye) or even playing out of school to possibly even up the power disparity with zombies. I mean ill take it at 3 dice but i certainly won't play it much. What we REALLY need is an attack that bypasses resilient and if it does THAT I'll pay one in every book!

Instead of the usual "+2 vs undead," what if it were "Critical Damage vs Undead"?  Now THAT would strike fear into zombies... well, perhaps not the zombies themselves, since they're psychic immune, but I imagine Necromancers would be much more fearful of holy mages.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 03:31:21 PM »
I voted Luminous Blast! Praise the Sun!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2016, 08:04:44 AM »
What about a level 3 Attack spell from the Water school. We have some from Fire already.
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2016, 08:15:57 AM »
What about a level 3 Attack spell from the Water school. We have some from Fire already.
We have level 3 attack spells from every elemental school but Water. Air even got 2 such spells in Core Set.
I wouldn't be surprised to see level 4 attack spell from water school, something like tsunami wave targeting multiple zones or even whole arena.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2016, 03:44:42 PM »
We have level 3 attack spells from every elemental school but Water. Air even got 2 such spells in Core Set.
I wouldn't be surprised to see level 4 attack spell from water school, something like tsunami wave targeting multiple zones or even whole arena.

An arena attack spells feels wierd to me. However, a two zone surging wave or something simillar I could get behind. A new arena conjuration would also be cool. I would hope for something like this: Rising Waters, gives every creature the slow trait and burnproof trait. Dissapate X.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 04:05:51 PM by Drefan »
Octagon user: Drefan

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2016, 05:00:39 PM »

An arena attack spells feels wierd to me. However, a two zone surging wave or something simillar I could get behind. A new arena conjuration would also be cool. I would hope for something like this: Rising Waters, gives every creature the slow trait and burnproof trait. Dissapate X.
Druid casting both Rolling Fog and Rising Waters could be very deadly.
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)